dog bone engine mount

cupracooper

Somewhere in the middle
Jan 19, 2004
Warwickshire
Visit site
I've got the full THS engine mount kit, I previously had an uprated poly bush but had cabin vibribrations at low revs.

Thought might as well do the whole lot. THS's FR3 kit is supposed to be 30% stiffer than stock, don't anyway of messuring it though. I know it's reduced wheel hop and car feels tighter and more planted.

Last edited:

cupracooper

Somewhere in the middle
Jan 19, 2004
Warwickshire
Visit site
so you would recommend the THS FR3 over a poly bush???

Yep!

Poly bush is cheaper, but you have the hassle of fitting it. I had loads of vibration problems when I had a poly bush, I know others have had mixed success.

Recon it took bout forty minutes with a jack and a couple of tools to fit both engine and dogbone mounts.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I hated my poly dog bone when i first fitted it. I had it off twice to check the torque settings and make sure it had been greased properly but still never liked the low rev rumble. In the end dave DPJ kindly sent me a set of oem bushes he had lying around and i went half oem half poly. This feels much more comfortable but the INA track density mount sound the danglies, they'll probably be getting £100 of my hard earned cash very soon.

ryan106

Dec 7, 2006
Does anybody know how much THS do the Dogbone mount for SCN members as the TIP i got was cheaper than advertised on the website.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
So it sounds like the THS mounts are comparable to the INA street density mounts. As I was going for the track density DBM I'll stick to INA in that case.

2footpegs

Jan 17, 2009
Does anybody know how much THS do the Dogbone mount for SCN members as the TIP i got was cheaper than advertised on the website.
well because i ordered the two turbo hoses from them at the same time they said they could give me the dogbone for 45 delivered

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yep!

Poly bush is cheaper, but you have the hassle of fitting it. I had loads of vibration problems when I had a poly bush, I know others have had mixed success.

Recon it took bout forty minutes with a jack and a couple of tools to fit both engine and dogbone mounts.
don't mean to question you but how did you do both engine mounts and DBM in forty minutes. You should get a job from F1;)
I'd recon 2 hours to do all three and two person job as lining up these mounts are very important. Copy of ELSAWIN gives all the alignment specs, new bolts are needed aswell as these are stretch bolts

cupracooper

Somewhere in the middle
Jan 19, 2004
Warwickshire
Visit site
Easily done in under an hour.. did save quite a lot of time as I don't have an undertray on :)
Recon you'd be closer to hour and half by the time you'd taken off and refitted one of those.

Book time is only 1hr for both engine mounts, I reused my bolts.. same as most people. As for the alignment didn't have any problems. Only doing one side at a time (as opposed to engine out), there is minimal side to side engine movement.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
... well I've gone for the THS mount. Ollie@THS has given me a great price for DBM and TIP. Don't know the exact price at the moment cause he gave me a combined price inclusive of postage.

turbin

I got the ECS bushes and torqued at stock nrs. Only a little vibration in the steering wheel at idle. Can hear/feel the engine more at higher revs, which is a very positive thing !

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
well after looking into it in a little more i decided to spend a little extra. Though getting the DBM and TIP sort before the remap was a must.

Hopefully the extra on the THS DBM will mean I get all the gains without the vibrations.

J0N

Defected!
I emailed THS and got a reply from Ollie stating their DBM comes complete with housing and costs £45 plus £6 p&p to SCN members paying with PayPal. If anyone is using one of these with OEM top mounts I'd like to know if they're any good.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
interested in the ths item, they are on the bay for 55quid plus post, do you get the whole mount as opposed to the bush?

45 plus 6 delivery is dirt cheap...

group buy is a coming i feel...

ryan106

Dec 7, 2006
I am also keen to know what this mount is like on its own without the other top mounts if anyone has this setup

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I've been thinking about doing this but wondered:

If you guys with petrols are commenting on the vibrations, is it a good idea to do it on my diesel cupra?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members