PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
hey phil, your mate with his fitted is he local? Silver cupra?

Yeah hes done his already, was really impressed with it.

gota be the best readers ride thread on this site......bravo :D

Thanks. :D

Also forgot to say, i got my cam chain cover sprayed this week in black, the plastic one on the side of teh engine, will also be spraying the throttle body black and the alternator in silver ot get it polished up over xmas.

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
Battery romeved and fitted in wheel well...

DSCF1287.jpg

DSCF1288.jpg

Parts used: 4awg Fusion amp wiring kit, 8awg to move the fuse box from the current location to behind the headlight, earth non fused Vibe distribution.

Phil im doing my battery relocation beging of next week, i have my 4awg amp wiring kit, battery and battery holder i need to get a Vibe distribution box like yours where did you order it from? do i need to order 8awg so i can do the same as you fuse box? many thanks

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
theres a much easier way.

run the power cable direct to starter motor then run a cable from stater motor and bolt on to the fuse board connections...

easy

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
amazing car mate, just had a nosey through, amazing attention to detail!
any luck putting in the WOT box?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Fitted the WOT box yesterday, well i didnt, Jonzy did as hes fitted on to his car, cheers for that. :D Can confirm it works, and working very well i need to set up the shift timing and the launch rpm, but first impressions are very good, flies between gears keeping on boost.

Also fitted some winter wheel, 17" RS4/TT's, got them with tyres for 100 quid!

Had a couple of minor things to do as well as the weather was kind as this car sits on the road and not in a garage. Replaced a coolant hose to stop a leak and replaces a broken dipstick.

Next up: Baffled pan and lower strut brace and maybe my front ARB which ive had for about 18 months now.

Pics to follow.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah i was never gonna sell it really. lol.

Ive fallen back in love with the stupid thing now, so look out for some more mods very soon.

Oct 2, 2006
Yeah i was never gonna sell it really. lol.

Ive fallen back in love with the stupid thing now, so look out for some more mods very soon.

Glad to hear it fella, good choice to keep it I think personally, loads of tasteful mods done too;)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Been playing with the WOT BOX past couple of days.OH MY GOD its awesome, boost never drops below 10psi on gear changes and gear changes are smooth at high rpm. Launch control works well, but have not had time to set it up properly yet.

Some pics on the reps...

DSC07639copy.jpg

DSC07641-copy.jpg

Tried some new wheels on today that i was goin to buy, some 16x9 Keskin KT4's but they didnt fit, gutted, the inside rim diameter was too small for my brakes, the calipers actually had to hit the wheel balancing weights off before the wheel could spin properly, too close for comfort if you ask me.

So im looking out for a 2 piece 17" wheel now.

ian_cupra

lose the wheels, and get yourself some split rims :) hope ultimate dubs was good