Here it Is - mk2 ibiza R32

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Can't cost a great deal more than fabricating your supercharged engine out of spare parts, hopes and dreams ;)

Ollie

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I saw the R32 Beezer when I was at TSR getting my FSDs fitted to my Golf back in about September/October last year. They had the 5th Gear Golf GTI competition car there at the same time sorting out some issues with it before the comp winner picked it up.

The R32 Beezer was originally a red small engined early mk2. The R32 engine is actually an Audi A3 3.2 from the Audi breakers near TSR.

The car was only partially finished when I saw it, the engine was in but not running, there was a little bit of engine bay modification needed to get the lump in as it has a big head which fouled the bulkhead and bonnet slam panel. It was sat on space saver wheels and there was an Audi TT dash laying next to the car so I assume that was what was going in there (wasn't at UD so don't know what spec the car ended up as).

CopperCupra tells me he saw the red Ibiza sat in the yard round the side of TSR when we were up there for a rolling road day back in 2007 when they re-opened.

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
yeah like £2000-2500 for a R32 engine, but making it work etc. will be pricey!

all you need is the block and loom i think, the VR6 gearboxes fit, as does the subframe, it is literally just the engine block needed, i think i've read of people using the VR6 loom aswell :confused:

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Needs 4wd with that power, yes its a great achievement but it'll be hard to realise its full potential

It's only a show car at the end of the day. That's why it's got NOS and stuff - to draw interest in when its sat on a stand, I certainly don't think it has been designed for trackdays.
They mentioned when I was at TSR that if they can get it all sorted in time that they may stick it up the drag strip at Inters.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
needs some new lights/indicators too - let's it down a tad being old n mouldy :) tidy though

DimitrisGR

Dec 3, 2007
Athens, Greece
I personally have attached a ABF motor.
Approximatelly every model from the VW group "born" in 1993/1994 untill 2000 with slight modifications can receive the engine from the group.

seattoby

vr6 power
Nov 11, 2007
hastings, east sussex
and also snapped this thing........lol

018-1.jpg

god look at that. lol

i loved the r32 looked nice

Last edited: