Potential mk2 Ibiza owner..

mojoex

Probably a stupid question, but if I bought this 1litre ibiza, could I pick up a 1.4 or 1.6 engine and put it in? At £300 it's really an option to consider.

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
bit to much work for the 2.0 lol think u need the pedal box, brakes, engine, wireing change to hydrolic clutch (unless u get a 1.8 16v (golf engine) gearbox then u can keep it cable) change the gear selector.....erm ECU and some other stuff lol....

think im right, could be wrong though

mojoex

Is it a lot of work? And what would be the best engine to fit it? I'm thinking maybe 16v..

mojoex

Alright. I think i'll leave that till i get a bit more money!
But as for the 1litre Beeza, is there anything i can do to the pedals to make them less stiff? Would it require a new clutch box? Because it's also the accelerator, not just the clutch..

mojoex

This is a question that's probably asked a lot..
But is the 1litre Ibiza engine tuneable? Is it worth it? As in, induction kit, ecu remap, throttle body, exhaust system etc? I'm not expecting anything massive, but around 60bhp would be nice..
Is it possible? I know it isn't worth it on a 1.2 Punto, but I enjoyed it's focus induction kit.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
This is a question that's probably asked a lot..
But is the 1litre Ibiza engine tuneable? Is it worth it? As in, induction kit, ecu remap, throttle body, exhaust system etc? I'm not expecting anything massive, but around 60bhp would be nice..
Is it possible? I know it isn't worth it on a 1.2 Punto, but I enjoyed it's focus induction kit.

It would be astoundingly pointless. Sorry.

mojoex

It is indeed. This would be my third european car since i passed my test in October! Pssht!

I have to admit, this forum is brilliant. I've been on many of the common forums for different cars, and none of them have been as active or had such nice people on them as this. I'll be glad to be part of the Seat community:D

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
The Mk2 section is a bit like alcoholics anonymous, we all support each other through hard times and even years after finally kicking the habbit you get people coming back with a relapse ;)

mojoex

Haha, MK2A!
Well i'm going to test drive the lil beeza' tomorrow, all being well i'll be buying it. Recently found out that it is the rare topaz blue colour aswell! Very similar to crezz's.

So any recommendations on an engine transplant? I'd need one that is the most straight forward but also gives a nice kick. I was thinking the 1.6 16v version?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members