Dash buttons

Haggistech

Aug 12, 2008
in the centre console where you have the heater controls you have the button fo A/C and another button i think is recirculating air

but when i push it in it just pops right back out does not seem to do anything

is this right?

seattolsports

You are correct it is recirculating air but it should not pop out. It should feel the same as the A/C button and light when pressed in. I never use this function as it causes the windows to steam up.

seattolsports

on on a click switch. one push on and one off. You can check but you need to remove the dash cover that shields the ac controls etc. The button are on the buttom of that assembly. You can pick the whole section up on eBay. Does your ac work etc? one of the other things to concider is the fuse for that circuit. I remember when my fog switch went on my rover it was the fuse. same type of switch....?

Haggistech

Aug 12, 2008
when i push in AC button it stays in and lights up

Recirculating button comes back out and does not light up

l18oud

my air con some times goes on then when i release it goes off my mate has a leon that does the same ??? i thought it was the air con running out but now its been working for a week

seattolsports

The aircon gas does not affect the buttons however it does seem to be a very common fault. Try replacing the buttons if you can find a set of if not I will dig out the part number and you can order from SEAT (Remorgate time)

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Sorry for bringing a relatively old thread back up, but doesnt it also depend where the breeze is set to blow.....i am sure in my old tolly if it was blowing in the car towards you, you could have it on recirc, but if it was set to the windscreen the button would pop out as it would only allow air from outside...
if your dial is set to the windscreen it may answer the question why it wont stay in......

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise