Accelerator lag 2-4k - Help Please!!

surreyfull

Mar 3, 2008
Portsmouth
i did a few searches to see if anyone has had a similar problem but no luck!

My car has been running really nicely lately since i used a bottle of Forte Gas.

I washed her at the weekend and fear i may have been a little careless with the hosepipe :)banghead::banghead:) and got some water through the grille.

The next few times i have taken her out since the wash there has been terrible accelerator lag from around 2-4k revs in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear...

any idea how to stop this? or what i have done to cause it???

thanks for any help!!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Possibly got some of the electrics wet, unless you've been using one hell of a powerful hose and sent water in through the induction system. First thing would be to WD40 all eletrical connections

surreyfull

Mar 3, 2008
Portsmouth
could anyone be a little more specific where to spray the wd-40?? gave it a go today and doesnt seem to have rendered the problem. Still really bad lag around 2.5k.

im sure water couldnt have made it into the induction system. Surely its a matter of time before it all dries out?

thanks again.

gticupra123

Dec 21, 2008
berkshire
could it be possible that it wasnt the water that made the problem? i just cleaned my throttle body and its made a huge improvment maybe worth having ago only took 5 mins!

i think i saw you the other day in portsmouth, on the m3?

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Id have thought any water hitting connections would cause trouble all through the range?

Have a look at the air filter, make sure its clean. If forte made a good difference it might have been overfuelling slightly due to blocked air filter. Also check all vacuum pipes/air pipes etc for any cracks or leaks.

If you have a distributor check the inside of the cap, four contacts should be clean and carbon rod in tact.

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
id go for cleaning the carb, throttle bodu out....give it some wd in there...wipe it down then u should be ok, if it was water then it would have dried up by now....did u use anything in the water liek soap or other things of that sort...could be that thats the problem.....

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
id go for cleaning the carb, throttle bodu out....give it some wd in there...wipe it down then u should be ok, if it was water then it would have dried up by now....did u use anything in the water liek soap or other things of that sort...could be that thats the problem.....

Good call, but use Throttle Body or Carb Cleaner, wd40 has silicon in it which can harm the lambda sensor.

surreyfull

Mar 3, 2008
Portsmouth
yeah the throttle body was cleaned properly about 400 miles ago when it was in the garage last.

cheers for the help everyone i will check the air filter and dizzy tomorrow!

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
i now seem to have this problem !!!

on tick over the car judders ??? but the revs to do not drop and if i try and accelerate on a judder the car hardly moves !?!?!

my throttle body is very clean....but after driving for a while it seems to clear ?

any idea's chaps ?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i now seem to have this problem !!!

on tick over the car judders ??? but the revs to do not drop and if i try and accelerate on a judder the car hardly moves !?!?!

my throttle body is very clean....but after driving for a while it seems to clear ?

any idea's chaps ?

i've had the exact same problem for the past 2 weeks, today it was beautiful, driving smooth, then went to a night lecture and it was at it again :( i miss smooth/alot of power :(

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
mine only does it in first gear. Every other is fine.

Its odd, at first i thought it was the timing but sod knows what it is.

would the dist cap be changed as part of a service ?

2pac58

hey guys i can hear a loud vibration from the left hnd side when i put my foot down in 1st and 2nd gears any clue as 2 wat it is sounds like it coming from the front left tyre?

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
Mine was fixed after i repaired the plug on the dist cap, and after that my car stopped the backfire after i rev to 5000 rpm on any gear.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise