Ibiza SC SE - The first two weeks

KingMong

I took delivery of a 3 door 1.4 SE just over 10 days ago, and have been impressed with it thus far. Plus, having seen a few about now, mine is the only Nayarra Blue one I have ever seen.

Anyway, it is a very pretty car. It was a toss up between that and the new Fiesta, and I think the Ibiza has a bit more of an agressive look about it. Plus, I had to spend another £1500 to match the Ibiza's spec.

The build quality is good, which you'd expect with something from the VAG group. It is very, very quiet, and the ride is good. Plus the inside is actually a nice place to be.

My only slight issue is that it seems a bit underpowered, although that will improve when it loosens up a bit after a 1000 or so miles.

I got a decent deal on it as well which is always a bonus.

:D

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
My only slight issue is that it seems a bit underpowered, although that will improve when it loosens up a bit after a 1000 or so miles.

:D

I think the throttle response doesnt help with this on the 1.4 - I've driven a few in various forms of tune (100 bhp, 75 bhp etc) and you dont get the instant response that you get in the 1.2 3 cylinder say. I dont think it's a problem though...

Glad you like it - if I ever cant afford to run my cupra, the new Ibiza may well be my first port of call...

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
Glad your like it. I had mine 2 weeks now and it got 2k on it and it drives like a dream just drive it alittle bit harder and it will be fine :D

frank-the-tank

I have also recently got the new Ibiza, though I got the 1.6 SC and I gotta say driving it is so much fun, seriously find myself getting up in the middle of the night just to drive it round some country lanes.

I used to have a 206 GTI and well that feels like a skip in comparrison (which being a Peugoet it is)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.