XE LED's - Dont bother buying them

GrantyBoy

Jun 7, 2007
Aberdeen
I thought he was a rat to start with, £55 for some LED's. Must have been gold plated!
I doubt we'll see him again. Shame he managed to scam a few folk. Did anyone buy from his eBay shop or through PayPal, might have some come back.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Can't you initiate a chargeback. In other words they go in and raid his paypal account. I've never done one so not sure how to do it. However I know it is the bane of all ebay vendors so maybe you could make it work for you?

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Can't you initiate a chargeback. In other words they go in and raid his paypal account. I've never done one so not sure how to do it. However I know it is the bane of all ebay vendors so maybe you could make it work for you?
---
you can file one but with paypal if the item is over 30days you get jack all and the bulbs took almost month or 2 to arrive as i tried to file one but i managed to get my refund

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
That's interesting because under distance selling rules you have two weeks cooling off time. That doesn't apply to auction sites, however if it was a "buy it now" store then surely the law is the same? Not that it helps of course if the person disappears.

Deleted member 35811

I own my LED lighting business and have been in the High Power LED Lighting sector for over 3 years now.
The trouble with LED lighting at the minute - is whenever something new is tweaked or invented - its put out straight to market and capitalised on - no 'real' product testing ever goes on theses days - the customers do the product testing.
Just by looking at the pictures another member has posted of the toasted bulbs - I know exactly whats happended and why its happended. A standard unit using 'cheap grade' 5050 LED Chips has been packed & overpowered (to acheive the high brightness claimed) with no consideration of heatsinking, to compensate the excess heat generated. I see things like this regularly.

XE was proberbly told the claims he made, from the Chinese manufacturers - he bought a sample stuck them in his car - thought 'these are ace !' and purchased some to resell and make some money.

If your going to spend £55.00 of your hard earned cash on stuff like these - do a bit of reseach first.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
normally i follow.."pay for what you get" but this has just gone out of the window mind you though they were awesome when i fitted them at first that is...but yea I hope everyone will be able to get their money back soon

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Anybody had their "replacements" yet ?

I got an email saying they should be shipped out early last week :rolleyes:,

I'm not fitting mine, I'd rather have a refund but thats a no no, & I wouldnt feel safe selling them on either, so maybe I'll just smash them with a hammer....[:@]

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net

I'm not fitting mine, I'd rather have a refund but thats a no no, & I wouldnt feel safe selling them on either, so maybe I'll just smash them with a hammer....[:@]

i hope everything will be alright mate :)

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site

Ah Jace mate only just noticed this. How [:@] for you! You have lost some £'s. What with Xe and Royal Snail. :(

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
I own my LED lighting business and have been in the High Power LED Lighting sector for over 3 years now.
The trouble with LED lighting at the minute - is whenever something new is tweaked or invented - its put out straight to market and capitalised on - no 'real' product testing ever goes on theses days - the customers do the product testing.
Just by looking at the pictures another member has posted of the toasted bulbs - I know exactly whats happended and why its happended. A standard unit using 'cheap grade' 5050 LED Chips has been packed & overpowered (to acheive the high brightness claimed) with no consideration of heatsinking, to compensate the excess heat generated. I see things like this regularly.

XE was proberbly told the claims he made, from the Chinese manufacturers - he bought a sample stuck them in his car - thought 'these are ace !' and purchased some to resell and make some money.

If your going to spend £55.00 of your hard earned cash on stuff like these - do a bit of reseach first.

If you read the threads carefully, you will see people posting to ask about questions on wattage, resistors included in the package and other technical questions that he did not answer when the LED's were being discussed. Others have noted this and avoided them. When discussing heatsinks to dissapate the heat, cabling, hotspots and all the other items to make sure 5W of power was used without superheating the small T10 wedge package, this was simply dismissed with NO explanation.

From that point, the questions not being answered, and the general attitude of the seller, should have been enough for people to realise that these were not the real deal.

Even when people like myself, H8T WP, Mauro and others discussed other options, they were all dismissed by the majority.

Sometimes the gift of the gab, rather than understanding the product is what makes it more successful.

C3PRA

Cupra Ateca
Jun 3, 2005
New Forest
Last I heard was they were being sent after Chinese new year, which was over a month ago !

I'd write them off As a bad experiance :censored:

I don't think we'll ever hear from him again either

I received my replacements today in the post.

Not sure whether to try them or not after the reports of the last set , I know they were meant to be trialed before being sent out to us but no letter of explanation or report just the packet with the lights. :confused:

C3PRA

Cupra Ateca
Jun 3, 2005
New Forest
get some pics to see what they are like are they better?

Sorry tried 2 upload image but can't seem to get it to show :confused:

Generally same amount of leds but the new one is slightly heavier I would say, slightly more round at the base and overall a little longer. Otherwise no apparent other differences.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.