DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
A couple of pics from the RR day. (Thanks to Ross P)
IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

(Yes that is me in the last pic checking where he was teeing the boost connector from :hide:

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Very nice results Dave! How much more power do you think your getting from your WMI. Answer carefully as it may tip me over the edge :) Also with your timing, are you running the revo at 9-9 with some more timing via *insert software name that i cant remember*

:)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Very nice results Dave! How much more power do you think your getting from your WMI. Answer carefully as it may tip me over the edge :) Also with your timing, are you running the revo at 9-9 with some more timing via *insert software name that i cant remember*

:)

Cheers Nick. I'm really pleased with the results - and it's given me renewed interest in the way forward for the car. :)

I reckon it could be making 30bhp off the methanol. I'm running T9 on Revo stage 3 plus 7.5 degrees Unisettings. Revo isn't controlling boost, that's on an mbc.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
impressive figures there Dave, thats the highest bhp on standard rods isnt it? its down to the loading at the end of the day,

what are your plans from here, just wait till it goes bang? then rebuild

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
A couple of pics from the RR day. (Thanks to Ross P)

An absolute joy to behold Dave, you have done some outstanding work. Just to add credence to the rollers on the day, I was 25bhp down, so if anybody was thinking of the dreaded D*** L****** phrase, Motoscopes dyno is conservative if anything.

I was taken aback by how unphazed your car was at making that sort of power Dave. Tremendously well set up and an absolute credit to your engineering expertise.

ceedubya

crazy legs
Mar 18, 2004
newcastle upon tyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoegan
Yes mate, thats 300lb'ft on standard rods and nothing was pegged back.

with 360bhp on standard internals too?

i did wonder why dave looked a tad worried:D

well done mate, very well setup;)

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
30BHP, Thats impressive, Should Aaron not see some BHP increases when he gets his running right?

I'm very tempted and i'm getting a few "EGT temp reached" fault codes :( so the extra cooling would be very welcome!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.