Too Much Sun/Beer/Time...Sprayed Splitter...rear arch repair

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
jeez those skirts are a rip off..you can get them from dealers for that price, well roughly...cheers urbis...if i manage to find a set of skirts i will no doubt spray them up..i like to have a change everynow and then.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
them sideskirts ain't that expensive, they bloody cost £72+VAT from stealers (thats per side, he said "so thats like £100+ with clips/jacking point covers" i nearly swore and threw something at him lol), but i got both+clips/jacking point covers for £25 :D and £5 delivery from newcastle (where my mates mom has a courier service :D), but rowley auto's is just by the Ricoh Arena in Coventry if anyones interested (good little VAG spares place)

you did a good job crezz on the front splitter, but i like the contrast the black has on these ibiza's, i've kept mine black all around (copper ibiza), when it's all the same colour i personally think it just looks bland! everyone to their own!
lovely scenery as well ;)

Last edited:

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
got spacers but need them to be machined a little..if i were to keep it on there id go for the all out job and smooth the pimples off then spray up and will look better as it will lose the funny texture....could get it looking good but was done in a couple of hours! haha

CIarkie

Jun 12, 2005
Basingstoke
Just out of interested how did you go about the spray. I have faded black skirts/splitter and wanted to spray um black but think it might look wierd with a shine. i take it you didnt use primer or rub down, looks really good qaulity. thinking of doing everything on the car one weekend. The topaz just a manufacturers colour match spray tin

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
yeah gotta use primer and needs to be for plastics..unless you just want it like back to black, if so just buy bumper spray as it works well...yeah just went halfords and got a rattle can as before it was an awesome match but not so good this time.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
adding to the too much time thread,

decided it was time to do summit about those rusty rear arches that i have

31032009935.jpg

31032009937.jpg

31032009939.jpg

so i pulled out my wallet and relized i had no fundage at all! skint as fook!

so it was time to do a quick job of it myself untill fundage will allow for work to be done

only managed to get one done but made a slight improvement i think

31032009941.jpg

:blink:

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Crezz,

Get yourself to bristol for the weekend, I have another two for you to do.... tea and bacon butties provided? Excellent.

Cheers,

Ant

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
haha, now its tempting.. lol...really want to get her in the bodyshop for a full respray and then i can say everything about it is mint.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members