Wheel bolts.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Are the wheel bolts used for standard fit alloy wheels i.e Ronals, 26mm thread length??

Found these on ebay and I need 12 for my Oz Super T's. I know I need the radius head bolts. Also what radius is the seat on the bolt.

Thanks.

Last edited:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
On my superleggera i used my standard wheel bolts without any problems.
The ronals on the 1.4 are held on with those same bolts (standards with the steels), and the mk3's were too when they were on the 1.4.

Ollie

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
On my superleggera i used my standard wheel bolts without any problems.
The ronals on the 1.4 are held on with those same bolts (standards with the steels), and the mk3's were too when they were on the 1.4.

Ollie

Need a quick answer as I can get the Oz's on today if I get an answer. Will standard steel wheel bolts be alright to use?? As they have a radius seat on them.

ibiza_streg

Oct 23, 2006
Cornwall
I always thought you needed different bolts than the standard steelies bolts, something about the type of metal which can corrode or chew up the alloy wheel? Could possibly have been the tyre place skanking me when I had my wheels fitted there...:lol:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Dont need the spigot rings, the spigot on the wheel is the right size.

I always thought you needed different bolts than the standard steelies bolts, something about the type of metal which can corrode or chew up the alloy wheel? Could possibly have been the tyre place skanking me when I had my wheels fitted there...:lol:

Aint sure about that, the only bit of the bolt that touches the wheel is the seat. I had a test fit of the wheels today using the bolts from my steel wheels with the radius seat and everything seemed ok. The wheel was secure and dont think it was going anywhere.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise