How shall i spend my £2,500 lottery win?

samu23

I got rather lucky last weekend winning £2500 on the lottery, now im wanting to do some mods to my car. I already have HID's, new rear lights, fabia and aero wipers, good sound system, cupra suspension (20mm lower), and a few interior mods (arm rest etc). Plus starfish alloys.

Its only a 1.4 so ive heard engine mods arnt worth the money, and i know alot of you will say put it towards a cupra etc, but im only 17 and wont be an option for another couple of years, so any reccomendations would be welcomed, thinking lowering and maybe cupra/cupra r bumpers.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
what you do is up to you mate. not saying you shouldnt spend it on your car, but like you said , engine is not worth doing anything to. as boring as it sounds stick with what the others say. congrats on the win by the way.

c4mbl

Id agree with the above, although just now u wanna mod ur current car, in the future you will regret it when u wont get any of the money back when u sell it, we all have been there.
Spend the money on something else(kick ass tv for ur room and a PS3, lol), and throw money at your car when its one u will be keeping for a few yrs, cuz im sure once u can afford it, and the insurance allows it, you will want something faster! :)

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Id agree with the above, although just now u wanna mod ur current car, in the future you will regret it when u wont get any of the money back when u sell it, we all have been there.
Spend the money on something else(kick ass tv for ur room and a PS3, lol), and throw money at your car when its one u will be keeping for a few yrs, cuz im sure once u can afford it, and the insurance allows it, you will want something faster! :)

spot on!!!:D

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
IF on the other hand,you absolutely HAD to spend money on your car and had no other option, and being 17 like i once was recently - meaning your not going to listen to people saying "DONT SPEND MONEY ON YOUR CURRENT CAR", i would say

try going for a nice exhaust system to fool people into thinking you have 500+ bhp. or go for a nice subtle bodykit. or some cool 18" rims. or all 3!

or possibly tints and some nice stickers.

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
yeah don't spend it on the 1.4 unless you do an engine swap maybe? second the idea of a ps3, big plasma and a **** load of beers lol (when you turn 18 obviously)

enjoy the money and whatever you do, don't spend it wisely

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Buy a painting and invest some in premium bonds and a post office account :lol:

Nah........ chuck it into living a little. If you spend it on the car, keep the old bits to put back when you sell it cos you never get anything much back for the mods compared with what you spend. Buy bits you can swap back and refit to another car or sell on - you'll probably get more back that way.

For me at 17 - I'd have an iPhone, a trip to the Bose shop for surround sound, a PS3 with some games and DVD's, HD telly, a laptop and a Thai bride or Sky HD plus..........:drool:

In reality at my age now, my Mrs will take most of it and we'd end up with kitchen cabinets and some wallpaper. :cry:

samu23

Yeahh im liking all the ideas and thanks for the congrats, a new tv is in order and im gonna keep most of it for my next car. Thai wives arnt my type im afraiddd lol. But i am one of those people who just wants to mod the car i have now and maximise its potential but i know in reality its a waste.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise