Car alarm and dogs??

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
We do leave our dog in the car for a while sometimes.... Not for long period but long enough for the alarm to go off if we go shopping or something... Is there a way round it or will I have to tape up the sensor????

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Theres alittle button on the panel between the front and rear door too,down the side by the drivers seat! this cuts the movement sensors! :)

Carcrazy

I think if you have a sensor than definitely you will have a remote to it.

The remote has the facility to disable the sensors.

Apr 21, 2006
Cirencester
My first Altea (2004, 54 plate) had the switch to disable the alarm on the B pillar trim. My next Altea (2008, 57 plate) does not have the switch fitted so l now press the remote twice.

Hence some people on the forum have the switch and some don't.

Tony

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
I have tried the double click and yes that works.... At least now it dog will be fine if we nip to the shops....

Apr 21, 2006
Cirencester
Morepower.

Glad it works, but it doesn't work with Mother in laws. I leave her in the car, with the keys, tell her to press the button twice, actually hear the car lock and then the deadlocks come off, go in a shop and within a minute the alarm goes off.

Can l swop my mother in law for your dog!

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Morepower.

Glad it works, but it doesn't work with Mother in laws. I leave her in the car, with the keys, tell her to press the button twice, actually hear the car lock and then the deadlocks come off, go in a shop and within a minute the alarm goes off.

Can l swop my mother in law for your dog!

Send the mother in law into the shops for you! job done :D

slendersunfish

Still no good !

I have the Button by the b post but this doesnt light up when i press it and doesnt turn the interia sensors off!
I cant get the double key button press to work either.
Does anyone know where the sensors are as im going to have to tape them up
My dogs getting fed up of the alarm noise when im shopping

mikese

I just installed my own security alarm system and happy with it since it was cheaper and better then having someone else do it.

twanspider

If you read my post you will see that I have some experience with my alarm. " My Altea alarm from HELL "

Press the lock button on remote THREE times to disable interior sensors thats according to what the tech at Seat told me !

Pressing it twice just disables the deadlock not the interior sensors

dlm2310

Rocco Is God !!
Dec 17, 2006
West Yorkshire
If you read my post you will see that I have some experience with my alarm. " My Altea alarm from HELL "

Press the lock button on remote THREE times to disable interior sensors thats according to what the tech at Seat told me !

Pressing it twice just disables the deadlock not the interior sensors

I've read your post and I sympathise but your SEAT tech doesn't know what he is talking about.

It's 2 presses to disable alarm and having read what has gone wrong with your car then not surprised it is 3 presses, sounds like it has a mind of its own

twanspider

That its got a mind of its own you surely are right there, and that the SEAT tech doesnt know what he is talking about is true as well. He changed the internal sensors twice in one week and the damn alarm still went off !!!

I think pressing twice or three times in my case doesnt make a difference at all. If my Altea ever becomes healthy again I will try it out and stay inside and try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.