CC remap on stock LCR? RR results anyone?

JamJay

California Bound
i think the only good way to test is to get a standard brand new(ish) car which states it has xxxbhp take it on the rolling road and see what it makes then remap it and see after what it makes then you may see how accurate it is. although you cant always guarantee a 225bhp leon would make 225, some say theres have made more standard, some less. no point in stating what sort of power it has, untill you have driven the car and how well it puts the power down is a totally different thing than quoting figures.

if the car has been looked after, has no electrical sensors down, a good maf sensor, fresh oil, plugs and clean filter. no problems with the engine it should run good with a remap. most maps are generic and have been tryed and tested on thousands of already remapped cars and know there are no problems, normally the problem is due to a normal problem you would get with a standard non maped car such as coil packs, sensors going down. maybe the map puts more pressure on these components and then problems show up

I have a 210 LCR which is in the 20k's...still very fresh. I plan to get before an after RR figures so i'll post up.

I think we all need to go to the Top Gear air field, one LCR with each brand of remap, TIP, 007 & Filter and drag it :D

kegger

Aug 4, 2008
Bedfordshire
My 210 made the figures below... I was very pleased with the lovely smooth curve which definitely reflects in the way it feels and drives... You won't regret it!:D

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
So would you say power is constant from idle to redline? Does it feel much quicker than when the car was standard?

I hope to have mine done in a couple of weeks :)
I find the power builds from 2800rpm all the way up to 7200 extended redline - almost VTEC like power increasing with the revs. It feels faster than standard for sure - when you plant your foot the steering wheel will wriggle and tug as the revs build but it's all controllable.

The power before the turbo spools up (below 2500) isn't really any different but this is because a lot of the increased power comes from increased turbo boost. What I find much better is that the throttle levels have been tweaked and it is much more responsive than stock.

JamJay

California Bound
I find the power builds from 2800rpm all the way up to 7200 extended redline - almost VTEC like power increasing with the revs. It feels faster than standard for sure - when you plant your foot the steering wheel will wriggle and tug as the revs build but it's all controllable.

The power before the turbo spools up (below 2500) isn't really any different but this is because a lot of the increased power comes from increased turbo boost. What I find much better is that the throttle levels have been tweaked and it is much more responsive than stock.

Sounds good to me as I really don't want an aggressive map that shoots off fast and then has no balls after 5000rpm.

I wonder what the outcome would be if you did a straight line run between two LCR's, one with CC and another with say...REVO or AMD?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Sounds good to me as I really don't want an aggressive map that shoots off fast and then has no balls after 5000rpm.

I wonder what the outcome would be if you did a straight line run between two LCR's, one with CC and another with say...REVO or AMD?

A dead heat probably. The nice thing about the CC map is that you might not even know it was mapped if you just drove it normally, its when you get past about 80% throttle you suddenly find it has loads more to give and you get a nice shove in the back.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
What I don't understand is why all remaps aren't the same. For instance, where would REVO or AMD be better than CC? As far as I can tell, they all produce the same BHP and Torque & 0-60 is the same.

The difference is in the delivery of the power. Take the difference between the VAG 1.8T and a high revving engine like that in the CTR. Both are capable of producing similar peak power but delivery is in completely different ways. You have to rev the hell out of the CTR as most of the power is high up the rev range whereas the 1.8T can produce power and torque at much lower revs.

The same is true for remaps only with a much more subtle difference than that exemplified above. Personally, I'm not sure the differences are all that noticeable.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
The reason that I went for the CC remap is because I wanted the feeling of a 3.5L NA petrol with power increasing across a large powerband rather than a torquier but shorter power band.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
The nice thing about the CC map is that you might not even know it was mapped if you just drove it normally, its when you get past about 80% throttle you suddenly find it has loads more to give and you get a nice shove in the back.
Yep very smooth and not overly torquey to make your passengers sick - but as above when you use more throttle is really does fly.

JamJay

California Bound
Ahhhh ok. So that would mean, that with some other tuners, you'd get a massive shove in the back from say 2 - 4.5k but then have alot less power from there to 6.5k? If that's the case then I doubt you'd be able to hide the fact that it was mapped when you didn't want to drive hard.

Basically, I don't want to get spanked once the power of the remap tails off higher up the revs :D

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Yeah I went looking for power graphs from the various companies (CC, Revo, AmD) prior to getting my remap and CC definately has a flatter torque curve which results in power higher up the rev range. It is even better than the stock map in terms of its' power curve.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
So would you say that a remap with most of its torque placed low in the revs, as opposed to CC which is balanced, would be faster off the line so to speak?

Mate, there really is so little in it I don't think you'd notice much in a drag race. You are talking about two cars with the same weight, aerodynamics and almost exactly the same power output. It's more about how the car feels to drive on a day to day basis.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I don't think that will be the case as too much torque will just spin the wheels off the line. If you look at the Civic Type R that is very good off the line and it has less torque and just uses the revs to give you the power. Torque, power and engine speed (revs) are all intrinsicly linked - more torque at lower revs (Revo, AmD) will mean more power at lower revs - more torque at higher revs (CC) will mean more power at higher revs. But power (along with weight and traction, of course) is the factor that will affect acceleration.

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks for clearing that up you two. I just found myself wondering that the other day and I don't recall it being discussed before. I'll be heading down the CC route, I think it'll suit my driving style best and coming from VTEC Honda's, i think i'll enjoy the power up top :)

Custom-Code HQ

The Custom-Code remap will as stated be very smooth with good power delivery and holding throughout the entire RPM range.

This means you get a comfortable drive whilst also having the power to overtake without having to go down through the gears and also the torque to pull away from the line.

The only real way to tell is to drive 3-4 LCR's all with software and see which 1 suits your driving style or listen to what people have to say and take it from there ;)

Leigh

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.