What wheels you got on your MK4?

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
Does anyone know if 7.5x17 rim with 215/40 tire is ok with MY-08 Cupra?

According to the local garage the standard 7x17 rim with 205/40 tire is already quite tight fit on the front (due inner wheel housing / brake cooling ducts).

The diameter of the new wheel is only 8mm larger than the stock, but I want to be sure before putting over 1k in new wheels.

The problem with the Cupra model (and the problem im hanving) is the gap between the caliper and the inner side of the wheel as there is minimal space and clearance would be an issue

Let us knw how you get on mate!!

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
damn that dont sound too bad, I hope churhill is understanding about it (oh and rear spacers on top of that)

resurrected this from page 7! as i had missed most of these posts. Only cost me £37 quid admin fee really to declare my wheels, lowered 30mm and spacers :) i'm with bell altho i cant wait to go back to adrian flux!

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
:headhurt:
resurrected this from page 7! as i had missed most of these posts. Only cost me £37 quid admin fee really to declare my wheels, lowered 30mm and spacers :) i'm with bell altho i cant wait to go back to adrian flux!

It'll be even cheaper now that I don't need spacers. Think it'll cost me £37, me being 18 :D

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Right I now have these fitted to mine:

25.jpg

TT Comps, 17x7.5, ET32, diamond cut faces with colour coded recesses between the spokes.

Running 20mm spacers at the rear:
26.jpg

Car at Santa pod on Sunday, minus centre caps, which are an ongoing issue:
29.jpg

28.jpg

Pretty darn chuffed with them to be honest:D

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
saw this one at pod looks really nice in the flesh

Thanks for the comments everyone!

adam kelly, you were parked opposite my stand kind of weren't you? I remember you driving off, I think I got a pic of your car too, with grey Sport wheels?

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
I got Range Rover Kahn 17" replicas on mine

30032009375.jpg

wheels look really nice!! suit the car well!! where abouts in kent are you from??

liking the TT Comps aswell, did think about them for mine as i know they fit over the Seat Sport calipers!

cuprachrissy

some really nice looking wheels here lads, might have to borrow this idea for the mk3 section :whistle:

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Yeah mine were the 17s in a 17x8.5!

My bro has the KT1s in 16 with a 7.5 on the front and 9 on the rear!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.