water coming in through doors but its not the seal

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Hi there, firstly would like to say hello to everyone. This is my first time posting although i have looked through the forum a few times.I proudly own a 54 leon cupra. I have been searching for the infamous water coming in through the doors. Everyone keeps referring to the door seal but thats not my problem, my problem is that i fitted new jbl components to all my doors but theres water coming in from the speaker hole. I removed the door panel and speaker but left the speaker adapter on, i tested on a rainy day and i saw the water drip down onto the speaker adapter and onto inner door sill (plastic trim). Can anybody suggest anything to stop this I would be ever so greatfull.:funk:

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
it's definately not the door seal. I sat and watched the water drip onto the speaker adapter. I searched the forum for bout an hour but eveybodys talkin bout the door seal. can u also tell me how to put a pic of my leon under my user name.:confused:

Coalesy

Leon FR 20vt
Sep 16, 2008
Dronfield
Welcome to the forum matey!

if you take your door card off, and undo the panel that the speakers and window reg etc fix to. but just loosen them so it comes away from the door slightly and go round the panel with some silicon sealant. this should sort it mate. the original foam seal corrodes. theres a proper guide on here somewhere which i used when i did mine when mine did it

:)

VAG Diesels Rul

Sep 27, 2008
Hi mate.I think this is a good guide that everybody uses.Put in the search,"door leak and it is about the 10th line down by andy_tech.Hope it's helpful.

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Cheers for the advice guys. Finished work early today so i siliconed the door seal, speaker adapter and speaker so hopefully with fingers crossed it will stop leaking. Can anyone tell me how to upload a piccie of my cupra on to my user profile please.

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Well on the 10th april i took the door skin off, cleaned up and resealed using clear sillicone sealer.I also sealed between the door skin and speaker adapter and also between the speaker and speaker adapter. It finally properly rained last night and this morning i checked my door sills and they were dry as bone.:D Cheers guys for the advice.

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Yeah the seal was leaking a little just under the speaker but i also saw water dipping onto the speaker adapter when i removed the door card and speaker. Just glad i've got it sorted now it was a pain in the a**e.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise