Leon Cupra R Intermittent Power Loss!??

robstyler_uk

Robstyler_UK
Mar 8, 2008
North Suffolk
Hi guys, I have been looking around on here for help with my new problem but haven't found another thread with exactly the same prob (I think!?).
I have a 2004 Leon Cupra R, only had 2 weeks after upgrading from my 2002 Cupra which I had quite modified. Decided to et a Cupra R and mostly leave standard apart from the DV and a induction kit (for the noise!), Thu of this week I noticed a prob on the dual carriage way where under full throttle on 6th gear I can hear the turbo sucking away but it boosts up then drops off then comes back again and drops all very quickly a few times a second. Something is knocking off the turbo speed suddenly then comes back to be taken away again.
Read a few things inc reset ECU, air sensor, oxygen sensor, N75 etc, as much as I would love to go out and buy all of these and replace to fix it ASAP I can't, recently made redundant so have F all cash but if anyone out there knows what the problem is or maybe or even to try out please please let me know. Im away from the car till Tue where I am planning on plugging in a hand held fault code reader but not holding my breath as no light is on the dash but worth a try.

Also, I know it's covered allot on here, but for a standard (far as I know) Cupra R, which is the best N75 valve to go for and why?

Many thanx guys for any help/advice you can give!

Rob

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
go for the standard n75 valve. people have too many probs with others and end up selling them and trying different ones cant go wrong with the standard one for the car. F i think. not sure on that one tho been a while since i changed mine. get it vag com'd or diagnostic checked to see whats happening or any fault codes thats your best bet unless anybody else has experienced the same thing on here and can pin point it.

robstyler_uk

Robstyler_UK
Mar 8, 2008
North Suffolk
what TIP have you got?

if it's standard it could be collapsing and cutting out boost i.e. it's sucking itself shut, then it gets a breather, opens a bit then does the same.
Right know what a TIP is now and can safely say it's standard. Would I be right and think that my problem may lie with the N75 valve as it seems the most likely suspect??

if your thinking that the N75 controls boost you would be right but personally i doubt it's this however if you do decide to change it i'd stick with the standard, i think thats and F.

I had a siilar problem of when i put my foot down power would keep coming in and out a couple of times until i changed the TIP and it has been a lot better, plus these are prone to failure.

robstyler_uk

Robstyler_UK
Mar 8, 2008
North Suffolk
exactly, if the N75 was ka'put surely it would affect every gear

Mitchy - i take it you mean dreaded clutch slip
Sounds like a common problem this dreaded clutch slip, defo not that plus only done 50k, my last Cupra I sold it on 96k never had a probelm with the clutch or this surging prob.

Could it be a sticky spring realted to the wastegate or vacuum problem? Would love to get this sorted for this Sat as long drive to the Gadget Show Live so about 4 hours both way!

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
its defo not my dump valve as just had turbo recon and they tested it infront of me as i insisted they did

robstyler_uk

Robstyler_UK
Mar 8, 2008
North Suffolk
Well guys actually my fault just went one day and never came back (fingers crossed).
Hope you find out what the cause is and please do post on here as sure we wont be the last to also have this problem!

Rob :rolleyes:

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I've got two error codes on mine:

P1455
Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1

P1456
Exhaust gas temperature control bank 1

could this be causing my hesitation?

Faulty EGT will make the ECU panic making it assume it's too hot, so it dumps a crap load of fuel in the engine to cool it down. This floods the engine and makes it stutter quite noticeably for about 1 or 2 secs.

To find out if this is happening, log your air fuel ratio (lambda) and if you get anything as low as 0.75% (very very rich) then you have a a faulty EGT or dodgy wire to it (as happened with mine).

diddles

Dec 17, 2009
lcr power loss

Hi guys need some help with an intermittant fault I've got.

Sometimes when I'm on part throttle at say 3,000 revs in 2nd gear then go to full throttle it will feel flat for a few seconds then it will surge and get going. I can hear the turbo spoiling but just nothing happens then suddenly it starts to go. It's not lag, as it normally happens when I'm easing the throttle to build boost instead of going straight to w.o.t.

Its had a new maf, n75, plugs and fuel filter. Please help guys as this is really annoying me now!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise