best remap for my LCR

J_Cupra210

LCR 210
Sep 27, 2006
Blackcountry Boy!
Anybody got any other opinions on the stage 1 Custon Code map?

I was looking to get this map on my standard LCR 210 but after hearing some of these opinions I'm not so sure now.

Cheers in advance.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
2.5 bar that would smoke a ko4 well fast, ecu evolution told me a 225bhp lcr turbo would not last long at 26psi, so where 2.5 bar came from cant be right... mine is running 20psi on a ecu evolution remap... which came out at 265bhp!! it cost £350 all in.. there based in wales.. just over the bristol bridge, they do advertise on ebay and you can send there ecu to them if you like instead of traveling all the way there think if you send ecu only its around £200,if you take the car £350 due to rolling testing fault check ,and u all no the rest......
hope this helps cheers..............

ben-lcr

on top...
Mar 24, 2009
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
2.5 bar that would smoke a ko4 well fast, ecu evolution told me a 225bhp lcr turbo would not last long at 26psi, so where 2.5 bar came from cant be right... mine is running 20psi on a ecu evolution remap... which came out at 265bhp!! it cost £350 all in.. there based in wales.. just over the bristol bridge, they do advertise on ebay and you can send there ecu to them if you like instead of traveling all the way there think if you send ecu only its around £200,if you take the car £350 due to rolling testing fault check ,and u all no the rest......
hope this helps cheers..............

u got contact number?

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
ive been reading up a little bit on remaps and am just wondering if i can have people opinions as to which is probably the best for me.. i drive a LCR 210 the only mod i have in engine art moment is a K&N induction kit...

i live in Dorset and will travel if the price and job is good enough..
any help will be great thanks peoples... :D

I have custom code on my LCR and I love it.

I always have power when I need it ;)

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
ok there in newport wales contact number 07791540866 ecu-evolution cant find the address very helpful got mine done 8months ago.. real happy

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
I have custom code on my LCR and I love it.

I always have power when I need it ;)

the power is there for me too,but up against the same car with a different map,i lose out :(

i rang custom code,they indeed said something about taking off 1000m bar, meaning im actually peaking at 1.5bar and mostly holding 1 bar... isnt that a bit low?should it be higher orrrr?

jambondrums

I've been looking long and hard at various maps, as I'm planning to get mine done soon. I would see if there are any graphs available, depicting bhp and torque curves. That way, you can see which are smoother maps, and which ones give you a good old turbo kick in the arse!! At the end of the day, it's very much a personal preference thing! Personally I'm looking at amd and revo, but this is partly because I can get them done in thurrock, which is an hour away for me!;)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
well at least you know its not being cooked at 2.5 bar.

what mods do you have for stage 2? do you have a bhp figure?

how much did the revo pull? were you both in your power bands?

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
well at least you know its not being cooked at 2.5 bar.

what mods do you have for stage 2? do you have a bhp figure?

how much did the revo pull? were you both in your power bands?

i have a milltech exhaust,100cell high flow sports cat,3" dp,bmc induction kit,baileys dv,silicon hosing... with the stage 2.no rr figures,just what they tell me - 274bhp 281 lb torque...

compared to a stage 1 revo on a stock LCR...

what should i expect boost-wise on a stage 2?1.5 bar?

i thought with the extra £££ iv spent it would be a noticable difference over stage 1...

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i have a milltech exhaust,100cell high flow sports cat,3" dp,bmc induction kit,baileys dv,silicon hosing... with the stage 2.no rr figures,just what they tell me - 274bhp 281 lb torque...

compared to a stage 1 revo on a stock LCR...

what should i expect boost-wise on a stage 2?1.5 bar?

i thought with the extra £££ iv spent it would be a noticable difference over stage 1...

no expert on mapped boost levels but it sounds about right. (LC owner not LCR)
Mods sound right too.
You really need to log the maf if you can befriend someone with vagcom, this will give you an honest idea of bhp. if its down then somethings amiss and needs fixing... boost leak/maf etc

tricky comparing to another car, youve only got to get caught out on the power band and the extra 15bhp stage 2 gives you means little. i take it your using decent fuel?

establish what power your running first

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
no expert on mapped boost levels but it sounds about right. (LC owner not LCR)
Mods sound right too.
You really need to log the maf if you can befriend someone with vagcom, this will give you an honest idea of bhp. if its down then somethings amiss and needs fixing... boost leak/maf etc

tricky comparing to another car, youve only got to get caught out on the power band and the extra 15bhp stage 2 gives you means little. i take it your using decent fuel?

establish what power your running first

the maf was logged,its running healthy but i am considering switching it anyway.

i dont understand this power band stuff?what does that mean?sorry for sounding retarded :redface:

yeah i use V power/tesco 99ron

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
So what was it about the CC map that you didn't like?

Well the car originally had a Revo trial map, I then took the car to have the C/Code map, it just wasnt what i expected after all the hype of C/C!

The car felt rough and not that smooth from 1st to 3rd, however 4,5 and 6 gears are like stock with just some more power..so thats not to bad.

Revo trial was fun and better in my opinion than the full C/C map!!

Like faisal said i too have been left in 2nd place against other cars. It feels just so sluggish in 1,2&3 and it has to be worked hard to get going..its been like this from day one!

I dont think they could write over the REVO trial personally!!
No way does it feel like the 275bhp that is C/C

Man i missed out on the REVO discount and so wish i could have that FUN back
As for figures.. no idea and the company boss has even said there is no need for a R/Road and asked me WHY i wanted to do so!! I told him about map, he didnt want to know(sent a copy of my map problems to read), he said no copy HERE!!!!
however the front sales person has been helpful but the company hasn't!!!

Now im thinking of REVO (nearer) but i also studied AMD & APR

hth

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
the maf was logged,its running healthy but i am considering switching it anyway.

i dont understand this power band stuff?what does that mean?sorry for sounding retarded :redface:

yeah i use V power/tesco 99ron

no worries. by power band i mean the part of your rev range where the turbos making power, on my old map this was around 3k to 5.5k anything above or below that , the turbo wouldnt be doing much. get caught out and you can look very slow

from what i hear of revo it comes in fast and tails off earlier. maybe ask for a ride and see if it feels much faster.

kegger

Aug 4, 2008
Bedfordshire
Mine's a 210 with custom code and only a dynatwist as well at the moment, I made the figures below with a really smooth curve and I'm extremely happy with the map:D

Don't discount CC. Just wanted to balance this a little bit!;)

Cunners

Jan 19, 2007
Connah's Quay, nr Chester
I have a LCR 210 with a CC stage 1 and i must say i had it rolling roaded a few times now at independant testers and im disappointed in respects of actual bhp. However the car is miles better than it was and would still recommend the map. Each tester has said the torque and map itself is brilliant but they would of expected more bhp. I have a friend with a CTR and before the map he would kill me everywhere all day. Now with the map im just getting him but i did expect to be leaving him in my dust oh well, hope my experience helps you in some way mate.

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
With having a turbo car..most people want a kick, thats the fun i still get plenty of lag ....prob to much after C/C

Ive really lost hope (and fun) with C/C.
Stick with a reputable tuner that have the knowledge & after-service skills

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
All of these have been on AUQ Leon Cupras rather than LCRs but I've had Star Performance (GIAC), REVO Stg1, Upsolute and my car has a Jabba Custom map at the moment.

All of them have driven completely differently. Upsolute was the smoothest but least powerful. It was very progressive with a wide torque spread. The Star Performance map was powerful @ 225bhp/250lbs/ft with just a Milltek cat-back but had surging issues on my car, a different N75 might have cured this.

REVO and the Jabba map I have now are very similar in terms of power delivery, ie; quite aggressive with boost coming on strong low in the rev range. My last RR run highlighted problems that are now rectified, a burst breather pipe on the intake manifold and an under-reading MAF. The one before this came out at 235bhp without the Milltek turbo-back system but was probably 5-10bhp optimistic. I'm 99% certain that the car is now producing about 240bhp and 260+lbs/ft from my VAG-COM logs and the general improvement in on the road performance.

Will from Performance Torque has been building a very good name for his business. A lot of this will be down to owners who've never experienced another map on their car, "new fangledness" if you like, but I've spoken to some experienced guys who have his maps and can directly compare them to other tuners and the feedback is very good.

If I had to choose a generic map for an LCR right now, this would be my order of preference:

Performance Torque (P-Torque)
Jabba
REVO

As a matter of personal preference, I wouldn't go to Custom Code, AMD or APR (Awesome GTi) for a generic remap, although they are undoubtedly excellent establishments for other things, they are a bit off the mark in today's remap market, purely in my opinion.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members