Does anyone have a Freetrack?

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
OK figured out the display and loving the car more and more... I have seen 135MPH (Private test track Bruntingthorpe honest) and over 40MPG. OK not both at the same time but on a run it went up to about 42MPG towing a trailer and race bike. Not done many miles really so not really sure what it will do on a run. But stunning car and seems we got a real bargain.

toledo7175

Freetrack in France
Apr 6, 2009
Halifax
Just got ours , came over to UK to buy as we live in France , used motors are so much cheaper and we can cope with right hand drive .

After flogging SEAT s for over 5 years in Uk prior to emigrating (my demo vehicles ranged from the ibiza cupra through Leon Cupra to Alhambra Tdi ):funk: i have had an old 525 tds, a mondeo repmobile and lastly a top of the range Laguna ( yes top of the range ! ) , but it feels so good to be in the Seat 'family' and the Freetrack has impressed so far.
Economy improving as not great at first but performance spot on from word go and everything just feels so well screwed together.

By the way the diesel is 30,000 euros over here which at the current exchange rate makes me feel rather smug with the deal we got on our x-demo

Cheers

Mike5

Order my new Freetrack and pick it up friday week. Got a cracking deal new car with metalic paint and blue tooth for £15k. It is only £1.3K more than I paid for my TDI sport demo one 4 years ago. must say the larger boot will be well used to put all my surveying kit in. The 4 WD & 170 BHP should make towing a breeze.

By the way if you need rubber mats for the Altea, seat do not make them but the ones for the VW Golf Plus fit perfect. Can put up with the Golf logo so i don't get my ears bent for mud on the carpets.

RockyFreetrack

That is a lot of car for the money!

There is a dealer selling the petrol model (07) for £9400 on ebay and it looks like it has satnav too. What kind of mpg can you realisticly get from one of them?

Anyone provide any advice on the following:

1. I need a dog guard for our freetrack, I would prefer a full lenght and a divider if possible - any experiences appreciated?

2. Door protection - I have seen on ebay someone selling black plastic door strips for the altea - has anyone got some for their freetrack? Or has anyone fitted the SEAT Steel sill guards - do they stop doors getting dented? I have two dents already [:@]

Last edited by a moderator:

MajorPickles

I would say no more than 30mpg as I am struggling to get over 37 with my diesel.

I have a full height mesh divider/dog guard that came with the car which i think is a SEAT one but is very good.

As for the door sill plates i was looking at getting them so would be interested in any scores, but they also do some door bottom chrome strips also but I think they look a bit to much if you know what i mean.

I bought the rear bumper protector last week which is good as the top of the bumper is quite wide and can get scratched easily, but through for £30 would be SS but was plastic.

As always get a price of David at Sere motors as much cheaper than your local dealer and top service.

Fitted a freeviewbox today into the armrest storage which seems to work ok, but need to check over a longer journey.

Andy

RockyFreetrack

Majorpickles, can you post a picture of your dog guard? Does it work ok with the rear sliding seats and the boot cover?

I agree the bumper protector is a great investment! Still thinking about what to do about the door protection. :confused:

Any advice on good SEAT dealers in the midlands area appreciated too!

MajorPickles

I will sort picture out over the next day or two.

The guard is a fabric mesh one with a steel top bar which fits into the roof stots and then tensions up on the rear luggage rings, fits fine with the rear seat and cover.

The good thing is that it rolls up easily if not being used.

Andy

Markyar

Order my new Freetrack and pick it up friday week. Got a cracking deal new car with metalic paint and blue tooth for £15k. It is only £1.3K more than I paid for my TDI sport demo one 4 years ago. must say the larger boot will be well used to put all my surveying kit in. The 4 WD & 170 BHP should make towing a breeze.

By the way if you need rubber mats for the Altea, seat do not make them but the ones for the VW Golf Plus fit perfect. Can put up with the Golf logo so i don't get my ears bent for mud on the carpets.
Mike....£15k for that spec is an outstanding deal. I've been looking around for a similar spec, and can't seem to better about £16.5k being quoted by Drivethedeal on 'old' stock. Would you mind sharing your secret on how you managed to get one for
£15k ...and from where?

Regards ~Markyar

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
Arnold Clark Seat Dealers have new Freetrack diesels for £14988 - not sure on bluetooth or metallic but thats a bit if a bargain

These are great cars for the money and rare as rocking horse sh*t!

Could always try Irfan at seatcarsdirect.co.uk - lots of guys on here get great deals there. He'l respond to this post shortly I'm sure!

Last edited:

Markyar

Cheers Alnsaz,

rare as rocking horse S*** isn't a Scottish expression is it??

Thanks for the info, I'm from south London...so dealing with seatcarsdirect in north London wouldn't be a problem...but the Arnold & Clarke offer does sound good

Thanks again
Markyar

Mike5

The freetrack Ipurchased was one of several that Seat were selling off to make way for the face lift models. I am told it depended on the buying power of the dealer as to the price. Certainly the car was not in the dealership as I was told it had to be delivered from Seat. When I bought mine there appeared to be only 2 left. The dealer I bought it from was perry's in Aylesbury. I did notice another dealer advertising what appeared to be the same car for an extra £1K I am extremely pleases with it so far. Interesting what other electronics it has in it compared to my previous 5 year old one.

Al I have to do now is get the tow bar fitted and with luck as I am using genuine Seat electrics and the pre wiring is already fitted all will operate. I did think i could work around the supplementary electrics but Seat left out the 3 pins in the socket and i did not fancy cutting the plug off to replace, just in case. I have ordered the suplementary electrics. We will see if all it works soon.

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
Arnold Clark Seat Dealers have new Freetrack diesels for £14988 - not sure on bluetooth or metallic but thats a bit if a bargain

These are great cars for the money and rare as rocking horse sh*t!

Could always try Irfan at seatcarsdirect.co.uk - lots of guys on here get great deals there. He'l respond to this post shortly I'm sure!

It seems the one we got was a real bargain. 57 plate bluetooth, metalic paint, and rear airbags. 9000 miles and they fitted a tow bar for us and we got the car for £11,500. It is a brilliant car so glad we got it. Just sold the Chip we had for our old Renault so that is now going to pay for a iPod connection for the car and a load liner.

Can't wait to use it for towing now...

endurorobban

I will dig out the info on the MP3 for you.

As for the towbar I had a look and the electrics and un removable one (SEAT) are about £300 supply only. The removable one is about another £100 on top, so looks like you maybe better off.

Just make sure it isn't a standard XL one as the Freetrack one has to come lower otherwise the trailer will be tilted back and unstable.

Cheers
Hi Major!

Do you know the length from the ground to the center of the ball of a towbar on a Freetrack?
I have just got a towbar mounted on my Freetrack and it´s too high, 50cm!
The mekanic who put it there say it´s the right towbar!!!

My trailer is tilted stongly, And it´s very instable when driving. What shall i do?

/Robban

RockyFreetrack

Mike, what do the supplementary electrics do and how easy to fit? Mine also has the three pins missing.

RockyFreetrack

I have just towed with our over the last weekend with the SEAT towbar made by MVG, mvg-ahk.de

The towball is high and was noted at the campsite we visited. The Caravan and camping club/what car reviewed this towcar a few months back and noted that the towball was high. One reason why the car got 4 out of 5 overall.

I must say it has awesome power for towing :clap:

Need to look into the three missing pins on the 13pin electrics as I cannot charge the caravan battery anymore :confused:

Will ask about the above points next time I visit a dealer as need some oil and roofbars too.

Black Phantom

Freetrack owner

Hello everyone:D
Just decided to join this forum,was posting on the other "seat forum" and it's very quiet so i thought i'd have a go in this too.Had a Freetack for exactly a year now,it's a 2.0 tdi on a 57 plate in black.Was thinkin of gettin rid because of depreciation mainly but after gettin it back from the dealers today i'm smitten with it again lol!Had an Ibiza 1.4 petrol hire car while it was in for it's first major service at 17.5k,now i really do appreciate just what a nice and very powerful car the freetrack really is.I recommend this to anybody,go out and borrow a low powered petrol for a few days and you'd see;)
Could'nt believe how dirty the air and pollen filter were,just goes to show just how important it is to keep em serviced properly.All that needs doin now is to change the p zero's on the front before they achieve slick status,probably goin to replace em with the same again,i really can't fault them...
Has anyone got any opinions on the so called "facelift" freetack 2010 models?From what i can gather they have a bigger window in the tailgate and slightly different headlights?I reckon the normal size window looks better but what do you guys think?
:drive2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Phantom

Oh i nearly forgot...
I have the removable towbar on mine,it came already fitted by the dealer...it seems quite high but not sure whether too high or not....mine's arced in a u-bend sort of fashion at the bottom

MajorPickles

endurorobban

Just sent the Pdf for the towbar kit.

Anybody else needs it just PM me.

Cheers