Coil Pack Failure Confirmation

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Just want to confirm that others agree that this is coilpack failure as have just been out running some logs on differnet air filters and pootling along, lovely lots of power, and then sudden loss of power, engine management light on and, with my laptop to hand, the 3 faults below popped up:-

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 35-00 - -
16685 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0301 - 35-00 - -
16686 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0302 - 35-00 - -

Pretty sure its coilpacks, just ordered 4 from GSF, but just want to check my correct.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
I think there has been conversations that its perhaps not best to buy aftermarket coilpacks.

Oh BOLL:censored:OCKS Well at least they will keep me going for a while and did try 2 stealers and between 2 of them they could muster a total of 3 coilpacks........:cartman:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
hes awesome, i ordered a laser strut splitter, to sort the mother in laws suspension yesterday at 9.00, he didnt have them in stock.... well it came to day at 9.15... in n.ireland aswell.

top guy, awesome service, i bet hed have them to you monday a.m

mr_cool

Oct 5, 2008
Scotland
Hi,
I had my red oil can light beep a few times and then continue to flash at me for around 30seconds a couple of times in the last week or so. The oil level is perfect. I plugged in VAG-COM and go the same as you cylinder 1+2 missfire. I have not noticed a missfire?

I can't imagine this being related as I thought engine managment light would have came on?

Can I ask why you are replacing 4 coil packs rather than 2?

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Hi,
I had my red oil can light beep a few times and then continue to flash at me for around 30seconds a couple of times in the last week or so. The oil level is perfect. I plugged in VAG-COM and go the same as you cylinder 1+2 missfire. I have not noticed a missfire?

I can't imagine this being related as I thought engine managment light would have came on?

Can I ask why you are replacing 4 coil packs rather than 2?

Recommended to replace them all at the same time as the others will probably go shortly afterwards.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
When a 1 or 2 coilpacks fail it can cause premature wear on the remainding others so can cause them to fail shortly after initail failures. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.