delaminating windscreens leon mk2

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
I had a look at mine this morning, there are 6" strips of white either side of the window

I'll mention it next time im at the dealer

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
booking mine in for a new screen :) as soon as I get the other issues fixed :-( better get in early feel there is going to be a rush on this part

Last edited:

FR Scott

Just got mine back this evening with a nice new windscreen. I have started the stopwatch.........

I count 11 people so far, anyone got any shares in national windscreens?? :lol:

SheffOwl

My Brother has an Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider and took them 3 sessions in garage and numerous phone calls to sort out a airbag warning light.

So when i complain about the windscreen they will be sick of us. Mind you as i keep buying cars off them, they better be nice.;)

mutley170fr

nothing blade thats the worrying thing! i've just been looking at a thread under 'cracked windscreen' by rob66,he says there are two makes of windscreen one by pilkington and one by safevue which he reckons is a cheap nasty version? wonder if this could have something to do with the problem?i'll have to check me new one when(if)i eventually get it back!

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
So when i complain about the windscreen they will be sick of us. Mind you as i keep buying cars off them, they better be nice.;)

Mate, I ring up the dealers and say "Hi, it's John" and they know who I am and my car reg without going any further!! No joke!!

That's what they are there for - they are happy for the warranty work as they just bill SEAT UK for it. :)

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
hi noticed it the other week on my 08 fr550 and its starting on the passenger side only slight but about 150 mm long i think i should call and see dealer soon

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Dealer inspected my windscreen yesterday and agreed it is delaminating. Advised that i could get it done now or wait and see if it gets worse as i,m covered for the full period of the warranty. Gonna leave it for now.

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Mine is parked on my drive. I was thinking of asking the same question. Also wondering as from another thread there are 2 Glass suppliers which windows where delaminating more than the others,

Mine is Pilkington

SheffOwl

Mine's parked outside on the drive and is a Pilkington Screen. I understand the cause is dirt trapped at the bottom of the screen letting damp penetrate the glass, but as i clean the car every week there's not a lot of dirt on mine.

I saw the dealer on Thursday who took pictures to send to Seat with a view to having a new one fitted when the car is in for servicing at the beginning of May.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
I guess if the car is out of warranty they will not replace the screen?

My 55 plate mk2 has a very small bit of this starting, about 2 cm long.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Looks like i have this problem too. Approx an 8" strip right in the middle at the bottom of the screen. Ill mention it to the dealer i think for when its going in for the service. Not very impressive is it. Not looking forward to being out of warranty. The insurance excess on windscreens seems to be creeping up every year too.

Ni Cupra

Inferi black cupra
May 23, 2007
noticed the windscreen on mine about a year ago but kept forgetting to mention it to them everytime i was up. think i will be giving them a call tomorrow to get it replaced.