How Many K1's Made?

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
So, just to reiterate, when did they stop making the K1??
Will the new facelift model feature a "K1" type model?
In effect then, it was about a one year production run.

Could someone do a search (Seat or DVLA) on quantities delivered into UK in their respective colours??

thestonegate

Dan & Khym
I don't see or have never seen any Leon K1's, FR's or Cupra's about in my area (East Sussex)...Think I maybe the only one in East Sussex to own a car like it...turns heads all the time...where I live, my car is the most talked about car in my area.

Never been "Spotted" and never "Spotted" anyone else in a K1, Cupra or FR...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
As far as I was aware K1's are modified at port of entry, they arrive from Spain looking just like normal Cupra's. They are then modified in this country before being shipped to the dealer.

Maybe they have finally run out of the kits. :p

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes, and they have made plaques up on the golf forum

As you say, they were never numbered originally. It was the guys on the MK5 GTi and Golf GTi forums that organised it and VW have sent out the numbers to people who have asked for one. H8 TWP tried to do the same with the K1 and did not succeed as far as I know.

As for the K1, there must as many out there as there are Cupras despite them being for sale for a shorter period of time. With the extra price over the Cupra, it just goes to show money cant buy taste :lol:

There is no difference between the Cupra and K1 other than the Aero/BTCC kit as seen on any Leon with the same kit, so it is not at all different looks wise save for the Cupra brakes, Cupra wheels and central exhaust.

For sure the FR looks similar to the Cupra, but at least they are close in the model line up and not poles apart like the Ref Sport diesel.

One would have to assume the Cupra to be faster than the K1 though as it is not carrying about as much weight as its ugly brother known as the K1 ;)

Last edited:

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Just you keep thinking that mate when I overtake you in my (lighter) dull and boring Cupra ;) :lol:

Then i will watch you hit the Anchors as you see this cheeky fella pop out of a bush ;)

Police_camera.gif

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
As you say, they were never numbered originally. It was the guys on the MK5 GTi and Golf GTi forums that organised it and VW have sent out the numbers to people who have asked for one. H8 TWP tried to do the same with the K1 and did not succeed as far as I know.

As for the K1, there must as many out there as there are Cupras despite them being for sale for a shorter period of time. With the extra price over the Cupra, it just goes to show money cant buy taste :lol:

There is no difference between the Cupra and K1 other than the Aero/BTCC kit as seen on any Leon with the same kit, so it is not at all different looks wise save for the Cupra brakes, Cupra wheels and central exhaust.

For sure the FR looks similar to the Cupra, but at least they are close in the model line up and not poles apart like the Ref Sport diesel.

One would have to assume the Cupra to be faster than the K1 though as it is not carrying about as much weight as its ugly brother known as the K1 ;)

he did do it! but hes been banned so no one can bloody contact him !

he is still trying to get a list of all k1 owners fro his site cuprak1 .com (remove space)

Maybe the mods will unban him soon so he can explain his progress !!

Poverty

he did do it! but hes been banned so no one can bloody contact him !

he is still trying to get a list of all k1 owners fro his site cuprak1 .com (remove space)

Maybe the mods will unban him soon so he can explain his progress !!

I dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.