Fabia vRS estate

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
There are a few minor things to be done still, but first priority is to get her running so I can get to work/customers more easily again.

EGR delete pipe has gone missing, so things depend a little on whether we find it back (long story, lots of moving of bits, lots of other unrelated junk). Then there is the pipe following on from the turbo post-bend at the top, there is a metal pipe that was fabricated by a mate (Basil on briskoda.net) - but that needs the Allard EGR delete pipe, with the bit of hose I bought (reducing 90 degree bend).

I do have an oil cooler which may or may not be used pending further research. Beyond that, who knows.

Considering a few options to monitor oil pressure & temperature, EGTemps, and boost, but not quite sure what yet. I had a digital boost sensor & display but the wire got damaged so that wont be used for now.

I have some other would-be-nice ideas as well, but my budget is unbelievably tight at the moment & I'd love to enjoy driving her for a bit first, to really appreciate the hard work that has gone into her by techie/Ross ;)

The wheels were refurbed, IIRC they were S4 but Ross may correct me on that. I had them on the estate before Ross did his thing - I reckon they look awesome, the Skoda centers look so much better than what was on there before :D

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Well feck me what a day. Started at 6.30am, Coil overs fitted to the vRS. Then a full service, cambelt and water pump and weld up the centre exhaust mounting on an Octavia vRS. Then get the estate back in and fit rear bumper and extend the tail pipe to suit. Back home for 3.30pm. Not one stop,nowt to eat and one cup of coffee to keep me going, i'm shattered. Still check these pics out, makes it worth while

28022009670.jpg

28022009669.jpg

28022009668.jpg

28022009676.jpg

28022009673.jpg

28022009674.jpg

28022009675.jpg

Handling has been transfomed, no squatting any more under power and corners are a breeze and not a nightmare thank god. Needs alignment again but that isn't to much hassle.

Hand over tomorrow :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
AP coil overs, and yes its all MOT'd and done 150 miles so far testing it.

Remap to 235bhp soon :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Looking good now, few more bits and bobs to do.

Now has a refurbished rear axle with Powerflex bushes and new bearings etc.

100_1603.jpg

cuprachrissy

just read this thread and techie what a top job you have done with this car, proper sleeper! what about getting a de-badged grill? just my opinion but will suite the look of the car.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
A little update....

Boots

30032009751.jpg

4WA

04042009756.jpg

Nom Nom Nom

04042009757.jpg

Drives pretty darn straight now, rear axle alignment is pretty much spot on with the toe being perfectly in spec and balanced with the refurbed rear beam.

Handles the power very well, atb diff helps no end getting it down. I had a de badged grill on my last vRS and tbh I prefer this look.

vrs.jpg

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Awsomeness!! The estate front end already screams 'Get the f@ck outa my way!!' it'd almost be unrecognizable with a badgeless grill? Still haven't seen this in passing!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Awsomeness!! The estate front end already screams 'Get the f@ck outa my way!!' it'd almost be unrecognizable with a badgeless grill? Still haven't seen this in passing!

Its around MK permanently now as I have been very lucky and have now taken ownership of the car (thanks Wiebo).

Few changes coming up, subtle ones though.

30042009848.jpg

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Would that have been in Costco?

The green mk2 that may have been there is my old one, black one is a converted driver belonging to my mate and there is usually a white one withhalf a bbs bodykit on it, propper old knacker.