Croatia
www.seatclubcroatia.com
not mine..

DSC05953-1.jpg

DSC05949.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

jj06

Mar 23, 2009
what would i need to fit any of these units to a 55 plate 2.0 tdi leon sport,? also which is the best non seat unit?
any advice would be aprreciated

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
I'm about to order one of the Waywell's and should have it within the next couple of weeks. Will give you an update once it's in.

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
I do like the look of these, could be tempted. Not sure which one, but do these have any pre-outs? as i think a little sub would compliment the speakers.

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Waywell WD6050 - Massive thread over at the Golf forums. Apparently it's a doddle to install (probably still get someone else to do it).

Can report more once it's in. Will give a full review.

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
Waywell WD6050 - Massive thread over at the Golf forums. Apparently it's a doddle to install (probably still get someone else to do it).

Can report more once it's in. Will give a full review.

Cool, can't wait for your feedback on it. I have been toying with the idea of upgrading for a while, and if it is any good then I will defo be tempted. With the econmic climate cheaper may be the better option ;)

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Right folks just got got it yesterday and installed it and here are my opinions:

Navigation - Unit comes preloaded with iGo8 which looks really good. Currently only has USA maps but they just need putting on the SD card. Software looks really good and screen is nice and clear. Navi interrupts music with voice directions, can be on music or navi screen while navigating.

DVD - Picture quality is excellent. Comes complete with a remote which I haven't used. Also plays divx files and the like.

MP3 - Plays MP3s off a DVD/CD. Folder structure used but no ID3 tags.

Radio - RDS station name is displayed at top right. Selection of station is done through preselect frequencies.

TV - Freeview tuner installed but I didn't have an aeriel for it. Apparently v.good though.

Ipod - Interface is excellent and mimics ipod eg artists, albums, songs etc. Touch screen makes it really useful. Doesn't charge ipod 3g :(

Bluetooth - seems ok but mic is a bit weak. Phonebook function hangs on my iPhone when I try and scroll past the first 5 numbers.

Overall - Unit is a good cheap alternative to the MFD3 but it's problems with the iPhone mean it's not really any good for my purposes. I was mainly getting it to navigate the iPhone and charge/bluetooth and it seems to struggle with the phone. Screen is good but could do with being a bit brighter during the day. Interface is very good and easy to use and the unit looks OEM. Looks brilliant lit up at night.

For me the iPhone problems are a deal killer so keep your eye out for the unit being listed for sale in coming days. Also bought the fascia surround, unused.

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
@morleymackam
did u get mk4 unit? (one with usb interface on back)

I went for a MK3. I was offered MK3 or 4 but decided that MK3 seemed to have all the bugs ironed out. I was worried the MK4 would bring a whole host of new ones with it being new.

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
i'm awaiting for mk4 unit from Oskar, already prepared WinCE 6.0 to flash the unit and do some mods... :) regarding navi sw... you can put multiple sw on SDHC card (GPS part supports high capacity cards) and start them as u want... there is a video even on youtube some spanish ICE shop guys put route66, igo8, tomtom and garmin on same card... I have iphone also and will let you know if I find some cure for that...

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
For me the iPhone problems are a deal killer so keep your eye out for the unit being listed for sale in coming days. Also bought the fascia surround, unused.

So all good up until that point then, lets see what happens with the MK4. I am looking to get an iphone, sure there will be a new one later this year so would love it to work!

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
installed my unit today... just plugnplay + routing GPS antenna... everything works like a charm EXCEPT i only get volume up/down on my steering wheel to work (i have factory bluetooth option)... sound is much much better than factory cd/mp3 player on factory speakers, unit works amazingly fast (much smoother and faster than RNS510 that my friend has on his Leon)... surrounding fascia fits with millimeter precision... total costs cca 590$ delivered in Serbia at my doorstep :) now to flash it with Seat branding firmware :)
and next week will try to adjust WinCE 6 to work... (wifi and stuff will be working)
my advice, forget waywell and audiosources, contact Joe from Canada (oscaramerica on ebay) you get decent price and perfect support as guy works directly with factory and keeps his word (speaking only from my experience)...

anyone needs some addntl info, just ask :)
and yes, my unit has USB cable going from back of the unit, will be installed in glovebox :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.