wishbone help needed could be the wheel bearing

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
what holds this up? basically i just tried jacking one of my front wheels up and it didnt rise? the chassis just went up and the wishbone went down. i got the wheel off and it had dropped further and i had to jack the wishbone up so the hub was high enough to fit the wheel? everything seems connected?

also got a grinding sound developing which is why i checked the wheel in the first place thinking a stone had got caught in the brakes

trying to sell the car and this is not what i wanted! to top that i'm stuck in work

Last edited:

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
what holds this up? basically i just tried jacking one of my front wheels up and it didnt rise? the chassis just went up and the wishbone went down. i got the wheel off and it had dropped further and i had to jack the wishbone up so the hub was high enough to fit the wheel? everything seems connected?

also with this a new grinding sound has developed which is why i checked the wheel in the first place thinking a stone had got caught in the brakes

trying to sell the car and this is not what i wanted! to top that i'm stuck in work

Check the strut top mounts are all ok, and the strut itself.

Are you sure your not just dreaming lol

jattjoka01

Dec 13, 2008
London
i took my car to an independant garage... as i thought my tracking was out... and needed sorting...he took it for a drive...and came back... and then fullly loocked my wheels and explained and shwoe dmy that the wishbones where getting weak...(he showed the movement of the bone with a screwdrvier) :(

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Check the strut top mounts are all ok, and the strut itself.

Are you sure your not just dreaming lol

lol its possible, forget the wishbone for now, as i think the noise is the wheel bearing going as its louder when i turn left. it makes a strange rubbing sound as i drive slowly and crackling/grinding.....ring any bells?

i did have a look at the strut top mounts they are seated fine, will have another look

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
lol its possible, forget the wishbone for now, as i think the noise is the wheel bearing going as its louder when i turn left. it makes a strange rubbing sound as i drive slowly and crackling/grinding.....ring any bells?

i did have a look at the strut top mounts they are seated fine, will have another look

cv/bearing

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members