Stunning SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra is ready for the road

xJib

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/235620/seat_ibiza_bocanegra.html

Also, my chopping skills are somewhere between bad and awful, but a Leon Bocanegra would be nice

bocanegraleon.jpg

:think: I'm sure that reminds me of something?

030309-4-ren.jpg

Also how do you pronounce Bocanegra?

Andywarr

Feb 27, 2008
i like it, altough not so keen on the front bumper colour, looks abit like stubble

so i'll take one in all black please

wow :clap: well done seat! that looks the nuts!

If I can live with the dsg that will def be my next car! Wasn't interested in the cupra as doesn't look much different from the FR but this i like ;)

Love that colour red too

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
I really like it, and I have said that about an Ibiza in 2 generations...

However, look at the CG renders (looks like they were done in Hypershot) from the original press release. The Blackpanel is almost Satin in appearance. Now look at the motoshow images and the black panel is the high gloss black.

I prefer the Satin look, it blends in with the grille better don't you think?

Will be on Speedhunters shortly :)

couldn't agree more andy.matt/satin black looks much better imho,looks "meaner"[B)]

Leonidas

Just remembered, when the MK5 came out first it was used as a safety car in the spanish round of the WTCC. We could see the Boca this time :D

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Just noticed the shots from the launch at the show have the brakes in the usual front position, however on the press shots they are at the back of the wheel.

Scott

warren_cox

Back from the dead
From Spanish:

BOCA = Mouth
NEGRA = Black

Therefore I guess that makes it the Ibiza "black mouth" (doesn't quite have the same ring!)

Very nice car, and would very much like to see the Leon equivalent. I'm so pleased to see something so sharp in SEAT's range as it's more in line with what I'd want from SEAT in future. Shame it's so close to the new ReanultSport concept, but then what can you do.

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
looks good! yup means black mouth in spanish - pronounced 'bow-ka-nayg-ra'
does look a bit too similar to the megane but it'll be better because its seat!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
In regards to the Megane, I think Renault are just a bit quicker with their style photocopiers ;)

SEAT re-introduced this look last year with the concept, in effect they have put it back into fashion and the other companies are following the fashion.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
In regards to the Megane, I think Renault are just a bit quicker with their style photocopiers ;)

SEAT re-introduced this look last year with the concept, in effect they have put it back into fashion and the other companies are following the fashion.

exactly, we have been waiting for this car since the concept was released by SEAT last year which is in turn based on the 70's model i believe so renault are just copying. not only that but that car looks far too much like a bubble for my liking, the bocanegrqa is sharp and stylish and i love it

Leonidas

exactly, we have been waiting for this car since the concept was released by SEAT last year which is in turn based on the 70's model i believe so renault are just copying. not only that but that car looks far too much like a bubble for my liking, the bocanegrqa is sharp and stylish and i love it

Exactly :clap:

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
'scuse me but the mk5 Golf GTI was the first off the line with the black nose/mouth/face not a piggin' Renault (okay there may be others out there that beat VW but I've got my VAG blinkers on).

I think I can see where SEAT are going with this. The R was a bit of a hardcore version of the top of the range Cupra with upgraded power, brakes and black headlining etc. The Bocanegra could easily slot in to the range above a Cupra model as a mostly cosmetically different model without having to resort to extra hardware upgrades that woudl be expected of an R. Also remember all the fuss everyone kicked up when SEAT released the Leon Cupra and it looked almost identical to the FR? So SEAT had to release the hideous K1 to try and pacify the moaners. Hopefully with the Bocanegra we'll see some attractively styled cars throughout the range if it catches on okay, if it doesn't catch on it's no big shakes to SEAT as they have just introduced a niche model that's getting a fair bit of attention which is good for the brand as a whole.

Anyway big thumbs up from me for the Beezer Bocanegra, first Ibiza model I've liked in a while and would love one to be sat outside my house (collecting seagull **** no doubt) sometime in the future. Well done SEAT (not said that in a while either).

Incidentally [anorak mode on] the seats in the Bocanegra pictures look like slightly modified versions of the Polo GTI's sport seat [/anorak mode off]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.