Votes: 26 11.0%
  • Black surround - debadged

Votes: 118 50.0%

• Total voters

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Tonight my new "faux suede" has arrived - and tbh it looks crap and nothing like suede at all! But it's going on. As long as it's black and doesnt sag - I dont care anymore! :lol:

So stuck my new glue onto it tonight, work in progress:

Photo0704.jpg

Yes I did ironing! And can I say that ironing boards are really technical. How mums can fold them up and put them away so easy I do not know!

But yeh - this stuff if like massive double sided sticky tape. You put it on, iron it so the glue melts to the fabric, then peel it off and iron the fabric to the bit you want it to stick to....

Photo0705.jpg

Yes I have dirt under my thumb nail - but I do mans work and not sat at a desk. :lol:

All done

Photo0706.jpg

How the fabric looks:

Photo0707.jpg

Photo0710.jpg

Photo0711.jpg

I did a trial piece on my old headlining - and it doesnt appear it's gonna stick very well! :cry: We'll just have to wait and see.....

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
thats not good. i like the idea but after the hassle you have had with your im not going to attempt it.

i dont need the black linning.
i take it you tryed ironing it onto the peice for a longtime then.
if everything with glue fails maybe try loads and loads of sticky back velcro as the ruff side of velcro would probally stick to the roof linning and the sticky side would stick to the new material.
might be a stupid idea but it might work a treat i dont know just an idea if your running out of ideas lol.

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
i dont need the black linning.
i take it you tryed ironing it onto the peice for a longtime then.
if everything with glue fails maybe try loads and loads of sticky back velcro as the ruff side of velcro would probally stick to the roof linning and the sticky side would stick to the new material.
might be a stupid idea but it might work a treat i dont know just an idea if your running out of ideas lol.

That's maybe not a bad idea! :lol:

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I know my trimmer had a hard time doing my black headlining because of the shape and getting it back in the car...

LomondGolf

When I did the faux suede headliner it was a pain getting it to fit the contours of the roofliner because the material had no stretch in it. Next time I'll just pay the bit extra and get it done in alcantara or something.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
could go two ways.
might be worth a bash.

I'll update on how mine goes over the weekend! Hopefully it wont be too bad. The vast majority is easy enough - the hardest bit is the deep bit where the handles sit! :(

trying to think of something witty to say about making this thread a "sticky" lol - might help you with ur lining lol

:lol:

I know my trimmer had a hard time doing my black headlining because of the shape and getting it back in the car...

You have your own personal trimmer? :lol: Ive been quoted nearly £300 to get mine done professionally so would rather not bother to be honest!

When I did the faux suede headliner it was a pain getting it to fit the contours of the roofliner because the material had no stretch in it. Next time I'll just pay the bit extra and get it done in alcantara or something.

Tell me about it! I found that out the last time i did this! Thought I would've learnt by now! :lol:

BIG update tonight! My hybrid turbo has arrived back from Turbo Dynamics. It's still a PD150 turbo and is a hybrid stage 2 - like I ordered. ;) It's not turned into something different while it's away. :lol:

Helix clutch and SMF has been ordered through Awesome GTi. That'll be with me on Thursday apparently. Fitting of the turbo and clutch will be done on June 8th and then mapping is yet to be booked. Tried phoning RS all day but no answer! :cry:

Pics of the turbo will be thrown up when I get home tomorrow! It looks brand new - they do such a good job at TD - VERY happy customer!

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Very nice! :)

P.S I didn't have my own personal trimmer but he did the interior for me inc all headlining/pillars and seats for £400 inc materials...

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Very nice!

P.S I didn't have my own personal trimmer but he did the interior for me inc all headlining/pillars and seats for £400 inc materials...

I was only messing fella! :bleh: That's a bloomin good price! You seem to know all the right people! :lol:

now that its back please forward it to ................

Haha! Nooo chance! :D

All looks good Ash - fingers crossed for the next bit :)

Cheers Pat! Certainly done a good job with it havent they? They said it was a bloomin good one when they got it! So chuffed! :D

Clutch will be arriving on Thursday and the turbo and clutch is being fitted on June 8th - just need RS to answer their phone! :cry:

looking good, just what I remember mine looking like :D

Hopefully it'll go well too! :D Not just look nice. :lol:

How's yours going fella? Have you seen the Focus RS? My mate saw one in London and said it's so wide, so much presence on the road and the noise is apparently lovely! :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise