CD Multi Changer/Ipod Connection

Super_Shaun

Just bought our 54 Plate TDi Sport Altea home this evening.

We traded a 54 plate Fiesta in towards it as the Fiesta was to small with a baby and a big dog. Wow what a diffrence!

I was flicking through the manuals, as you do and I noticed that some come with a Ipod dock or multi changer fitted. Sadly mine has neither.

Question is then, can you retro fit either of these two items? Either by buying the parts from SEAT or of the net?

Thanks

Shaun.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Just bought our 54 Plate TDi Sport Altea home this evening.

We traded a 54 plate Fiesta in towards it as the Fiesta was to small with a baby and a big dog. Wow what a diffrence!

I was flicking through the manuals, as you do and I noticed that some come with a Ipod dock or multi changer fitted. Sadly mine has neither.

Question is then, can you retro fit either of these two items? Either by buying the parts from SEAT or of the net?

Thanks

Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

You should be able to.
I have the MP3 head unit in my Toledo (55 reg) and I did not opt for the CD multichanger with the specific aim to use iPod.
The head unit should have a CD changer port (min quadlock type).

You can then use either a Dension Icelink that plugs into this port and gives you a limited control on iPod or get a Connects2 adaptor that allows you to connect an aux source through this port.
I have the Harmon kardon "Drive & Play" iPod kit which connects through this and it is a good set up.

John.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
MP3 on Toledo 2007

Above the CD player are the words MP3 How do I get this to work as I have not found any imput socket? I never received a hand book for this player/radio so I am completly in the dark. Can any of the members help me. Also, I need the aux in for my Sat Nav if this is at the back how do I withdraw the unit. Cheers aggie

4candles

I think you will find the words 'MP3' just mean that the player will play MP3's from a CD, as well as commercial recorded CD's.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
I think you will find the words 'MP3' just mean that the player will play MP3's from a CD, as well as commercial recorded CD's.

Confirmed - MP3 on h.u front panel only signifies that it can handle mp3 files on a cd.
You will need an adaptor on the CD changer port as I described above to get aux audio input.

John.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Many thanks to Jaytree and 4 Candles for the info I have got the idea now. I have looked at the XcarLink page for the necessary bits but the price is a bit more than I expected 79.99 for the usb/sd mp3 interface. Is there a cheaper way out? All that I after really is an Aux imput for my sat nav, but the mp3 player would be a bonus Cheers aggie

MajorPickles

Aggie,

If you are just after a Aux input and you don't have a CD changer just buy the following lead and then select Aux and you should get the sound through (will need to take the head unit out though and route the cables through to the glove box etc)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8523.html

Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to have a CD changer and Aux input connected and easily switchable without getting a MP3/Ipod adaptor that offers the option like the Xcarlink one.

Found the above out by trial and error so no technical genius.

Andy

neonitrix

Aggie,

If you are just after a Aux input and you don't have a CD changer just buy the following lead and then select Aux and you should get the sound through (will need to take the head unit out though and route the cables through to the glove box etc)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8523.html

Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to have a CD changer and Aux input connected and easily switchable without getting a MP3/Ipod adaptor that offers the option like the Xcarlink one.

Found the above out by trial and error so no technical genius.

Andy

would this work with a altea factory fitted head unit non mp3 version - i dont have a cdchanger fitted and would love to have aux in ability.

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
If you are after a CD changer drop me a PM, i have just taken mine out of my Altea.

Cheers
Chris