Stunning SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra is ready for the road

warren_cox

Back from the dead
the more I see this the more I like it.

Shame they have gone with a 1.4 rather than a larger capacity, but hopefully the Leon will come with a potent 2.0 variant.

Would love the power of the Leon in the size/weight of the Ibiza on the new platform, but that was never going to happen.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
the more I see this the more I like it.

Shame they have gone with a 1.4 rather than a larger capacity, but hopefully the Leon will come with a potent 2.0 variant.

Would love the power of the Leon in the size/weight of the Ibiza on the new platform, but that was never going to happen.

I agree with all of that! Maybe the best engine to have gone in the Beezer Bocanegra would be the new 1.8TSI Audi use in a lot of things now. They re-map really well apparently, not far off mapped 2.0TSI figures and probably a bit lighter and cheaper.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

There was a time when it was common, the older Ibiza ran with the same 1.8T litre powerplant as used in the Leon's, Mk1 Leon at least (except R).

But with focus on environmental issues and fuel economy which seems to fast becoming the politically correct norm, seems the smaller engine is king in these new Ibiza's

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
clicky

under the hood: 170 bhp 1.4 TSi "BiTurbo"

Interesting that they're calling it the SEAT SportCoupé Bocanegre, so it may not be a new cupra/fr (i.e. a top spec car fo that particualr model) and just a stand alone model?

-Cyph

xJib

clicky

under the hood: 170 bhp 1.4 TSi "BiTurbo"

Interesting that they're calling it the SEAT SportCoupé Bocanegre, so it may not be a new cupra/fr (i.e. a top spec car fo that particualr model) and just a stand alone model?

-Cyph

That site only has info about the concept car that spawned the production car.

This is where you want to look for the info on the Bocanegre production car.

http://www.newibizabocanegra.com/

As for a stand alone model, it's just really a styling exercise for the FR and Cupra, with maybe some chassis tuning as well, but I've not seen any evidence of that yet.

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
Apparently according to my Local SEAT dealer, there is not going to be a Bocenegra!!!! :(

But there is 'In the Pipeline' a Aero styling kit that may be available later in the year! Or early next year!

SO my thoughts are that it will be an option limited to the CUPRA and FR or just the Cupra

ALso they have withheld releasing any further info on the CUPRA as they have managed to Obtain 210BHP out of the CUPRA engine!!! And have not decided which to use!

They are also supposed to have a 'Tuning' package for around £500 that will take it to 240 BHP for the CUpra and for the FR (Didn;t say to what)

Diesel Cupra release OCT 09! with a price roughly around £15,500

\so not sure about the Bocanegra and may be just a styling kit instead

I really hope not but the Dealer was adament!!!

Please note that all this was told to me by a dealer so it may not be 100% accurate

sixfifty

May 8, 2009
Apparently according to my Local SEAT dealer, there is not going to be a Bocenegra!!!! :(

But there is 'In the Pipeline' a Aero styling kit that may be available later in the year! Or early next year!

SO my thoughts are that it will be an option limited to the CUPRA and FR or just the Cupra

ALso they have withheld releasing any further info on the CUPRA as they have managed to Obtain 210BHP out of the CUPRA engine!!! And have not decided which to use!

They are also supposed to have a 'Tuning' package for around £500 that will take it to 240 BHP for the CUpra and for the FR (Didn;t say to what)

Diesel Cupra release OCT 09! with a price roughly around £15,500

\so not sure about the Bocanegra and may be just a styling kit instead

I really hope not but the Dealer was adament!!!

Please note that all this was told to me by a dealer so it may not be 100% accurate

Don't listen to your local dealers, according to the garage I talked to last week they didn't even know the 1.6CR-TDi Ibiza was replacing the 1.9 TDi. If it aint on their manifests they don't know anything about it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise