Advice On Leon MK1

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
Hi All,

My mate is looking to buy a Leon Cupra 1.8T, The guy he is buying it from has said that the car is running 275bhp, but he has the boost turned down as he hasn't got a uprated clutch, so its now running at about 230bhp

We asked him what he has done to get to 275bhp

He said he has had the boost turned up, uprated injectors and its been remapped

As im not too savvy with engines, is this even possible from these mods, also he has not got a FMIC

Any Advice would be a great help

Thanks

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
yeah its only a cupra 180, so u reckon hes lying then, thing is it seems a bit dodgy, he hasnt got reciepts or any dyno results, because he says the previous owner did all the mods, but surely he would have got the papers off the guy

jamiebennett81

sounds dodgy....very! if there are no receipts, history or anything then that is very odd!

If he is quoting that spec, then walk away now, and find a genuine owner and a genuine car which is running realistic power

he would have to do alot more than just cranking up the boost! fecking egit!

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
he wants to px, and its only got like 40,000 on the clock, and my mates has got 130,000 on the clock, so i think my mate really wants to swap, we are going to see it and drive it first, what sort of things should i check for?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Proof of 40k....old MOT's etc

Recipts to show its been looked after........why its got different injectors? who mapped it....I'm sure the people who mapped it will know what they done to it.

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
Proof of 40k....old MOT's etc

Recipts to show its been looked after........why its got different injectors? who mapped it....I'm sure the people who mapped it will know what they done to it.

Its got no Service,

M.O.T Certificate & Log Book

I Will Have to try and find out whos mapped it,

he also said it was used as just a track car before he bought it, thats why the mileage is so low

I really do think it is dodgy, but i think my mate is hoping it isn't but from the response from you guys, i am going to tell him to reconsider

jamiebennett81

Its got no Service,

M.O.T Certificate & Log Book

I Will Have to try and find out whos mapped it,

he also said it was used as just a track car before he bought it, thats why the mileage is so low

I really do think it is dodgy, but i think my mate is hoping it isn't but from the response from you guys, i am going to tell him to reconsider

so it was a track day car....its got no service history and your mate is still considering it?:rolleyes::blink:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
If it was really a track car it could well have a dif turbo and injectors...........and been thrashed to within a inch of its life :lol:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If he really is set on getting it try and get Vag-Com on it before you hand over the cash, also check how he's adjusted the boost, these cars dont like bleed valves .
As Mr Bennet said if it's been used as a track car it would of had the nuts thrashed off it on a regular basis.

jamiebennett81

If he really is set on getting it try and get Vag-Com on it before you hand over the cash, also check how he's adjusted the boost, these cars dont like bleed valves .
As Mr Bennet said if it's been used as a track car it would of had the nuts thrashed off it on a regular basis.

seriously though, there are much better bargains to be had out there

what is his budget? there are much better examples being sold off of here or standard ones on Autotrader with a good history

he is asking for problems if he buys it, but as much as you advise people...they still go and do it!:(

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
seriously though, there are much better bargains to be had out there

what is his budget? there are much better examples being sold off of here or standard ones on Autotrader with a good history

he is asking for problems if he buys it, but as much as you advise people...they still go and do it!:(

:yes:

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
yeah i no what your sayin mate, im going to tell him whats been said, if he still goes ahead thats up to him

thanks for all your help guys!!