Lights 'coming home' function

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Can anyone tell me how to operate the 'coming home' function which is meant to leave the headlamps on for a while after parking, and turn them on when getting back to the car and unlocking?
sounds bad asking as a dealer :redface: but asking salesmen is like asking the wall
handbooks not terribly clear . . . . . .

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Err.... turn car off ... leave headlights on dipped (or full / auto) ... remove key from ignition, open door .. close door.... lock car.... wait, lights will go off.

If you have bluetooth, then you can go into the menu and adjust the time from 5 seconds to several mins.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Err.... turn car off ... leave headlights on dipped (or full / auto) ... remove key from ignition, open door .. close door.... lock car.... wait, lights will go off.

If you have bluetooth, then you can go into the menu and adjust the time from 5 seconds to several mins.

will try that. and do the lights come back on when you remote unlock?

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
will try that. and do the lights come back on when you remote unlock?

Nope :no:

Unless you have "auto" lights, then they might (if its dark).

Lights will however come on as soon as you twist the key in the ignition to postion2 (i.e. the one before it starts).

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Nope :no:

Unless you have "auto" lights, then they might (if its dark).

Lights will however come on as soon as you twist the key in the ignition to postion2 (i.e. the one before it starts).

sod that then :(
i must have misread the books - i thought they came back on
oh well, if SEAT is reading this then that could be an idea :whistle:
pity they dont do the coming home function with the foglamps like Audi

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
See my vag-com guide for enabling leaving home lights. Its a bit hit and miss though. Im sure you can code a similar way through your VAS?

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to operate the 'coming home' function which is meant to leave the headlamps on for a while after parking, and turn them on when getting back to the car and unlocking?
sounds bad asking as a dealer :redface: but asking salesmen is like asking the wall
handbooks not terribly clear . . . . . .

Typical bloody Seat dealer, knows nothing LOL;)

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
sussed it yet dave?

without looking i think its in the convenience menu on the larger (bluetooth) mfd.

lights 'leaving home' i think is also an option.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
sussed it yet dave?

without looking i think its in the convenience menu on the larger (bluetooth) mfd.

lights 'leaving home' i think is also an option.

Thanks Chris its exactly where you said. I remember playing around in there when I got the car, after 15 months I actually had to get the books out as I forgot how to get into the MFD menu :redface::headhurt:
Coming home function perfect, the 'leaving home' where the lights come back on when unlocking must be a feature with the auto-lights only :(
Thanks for the help!

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Thanks Chris its exactly where you said. I remember playing around in there when I got the car, after 15 months I actually had to get the books out as I forgot how to get into the MFD menu :redface::headhurt:
Coming home function perfect, the 'leaving home' where the lights come back on when unlocking must be a feature with the auto-lights only :(
Thanks for the help!

Leaving home can be enabled with VAG Com :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise