Wheel Spin in wet, 1st to 4th gear

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
As said many times above, !!
Adjust your Driving according to the conditions .
Front wheel drive car, Wet roads :confused:, I can get my Mrs's 1 Litre Uno to spin up in
3rd if i really try :D

Dean

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
try a search for tyre threads on here ..... I don't recall anyone saying the dunlops are good....everyone is made for the GSD3's and the asymetrics!

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
try camskill.co.uk for tyres. i got a set of hankook evos for about 300yoyos. not to bad. they seem good so far! the motorways over here can get brutal after heavy rain!! you should try sell your tyres on ebay or similar and get a set of f1s. they ment to be very good in the wet

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
try camskill.co.uk for tyres. i got a set of hankook evos for about 300yoyos. not to bad. they seem good so far! the motorways over here can get brutal after heavy rain!! you should try sell your tyres on ebay or similar and get a set of f1s. they ment to be very good in the wet

Great idea, i might be able to flog them off to someone with nowwhere near as much HP as the LCR, it would definetly suit a lower powered car and if i recoup some of my money, well its better than a kick in th nuts.

jamiebennett81

have you thought about going on some sort of training i.e. advanced driver course?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
understood it from the start chief

If you have nothing positive to add to this post, i would appreciate if you could post somewhere else and stop cluttering up a thread that people can learn from.Most people have valid points, opinions and vast expertise to offer, if we were all experts this forum would not exist.

generally speaking tyres need to be the main focus. I think the general concencous on the site is that the asymetrics are the best tyre, as far as i'm aware these are GSD3's but are the renamed version and GS's are now discontinued (not 100% certain but fairly). I think the other main contributing factor here is driving style as well and appreciating what the car is capable of , not saying you don't btw way, just passing my opinion. I have Falken 452s on mine, good in the dry but not brilliant in the wet. In a straight line i really really struggle to find traction when wet when a bit of power is applied, if there is slight element of a turn in my take off the back end starts twitching. I just try and compensate by a gear change at the right time to try and find some traction again.

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
I had the same issue on dunlops. Nothing wrong with your car its just the tyres are total crap.
like pure plastic and no grip at all in wet or dry, Nankangs are the same so stay away from those too.

I'm happy with the falken fk452's i'm currently using, these are great if u don't want to fork out £140/corner for GY F1's at around £60 a corner.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
I had the same issue on dunlops. Nothing wrong with your car its just the tyres are total crap.
like pure plastic and no grip at all in wet or dry .
thanks dave, if i could paraphrase what i was trying to say you said it, "pure plastic".i am hearing good things about the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, not sure if anyone on here has had a chance to use them.

http://www.g35driver.com/forums/whe...ein-ultrac-sessanta-review-awesome-tires.html

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The problem with tyre reviews is that they're subjective to the tester / testing environments

But no 225 width tyre is going to be happy with >300lbft in the wet, it's just not going to happen.

I'm hugely disappointed with my T1-S that I have on the front of my clio... with half the torque I'm still merrily spinning away at the top of 2nd / early 3rd - so although they "look" the part, they're crud.

Play nicely, and don't y'all get stroppy

jamiebennett81

If you have nothing positive to add to this post, i would appreciate if you could post somewhere else and stop cluttering up a thread that people can learn from.Most people have valid points, opinions and vast expertise to offer, if we were all experts this forum would not exist.

ok.....

T1-R's get my vote, good in the wet and dry

having put shitty budget tyres on my old golf valver, it was frightening in the wet, especially when going round long sweeping corners, even at a reasonable speed, you could feel the car begninning to aqua plain

budget tyres are meant for budget cars

also as you say, if you have an aggressive map, and its in the wet, then it is going to naturally spin up. If it is anything like my Revo stg1 on my Ibiza, that was very aggressive, and silly driving in the wet

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
thanks dave, if i could paraphrase what i was trying to say you said it, "pure plastic".i am hearing good things about the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, not sure if anyone on here has had a chance to use them.

http://www.g35driver.com/forums/whe...ein-ultrac-sessanta-review-awesome-tires.html

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

Not used them myself yet but I have also heard good things about the Vredestein's.
Apparently your best using them with which ever are your driven wheels and using something else say GY F1's or continentals for the other two.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.