read countless, how to's none of them work, remote central locking

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
hi guys, have probably the most common problem from reading these forums that happens with remote, cant program new ones.

i have read through countless how to's and cant get any to work. its a 01 toledo, only bought recently.

central locking is buggered.

when i bought car, only 1 key, a remote one which didnt work. just unlocked manually and started car.

the key if inserted in drivers door, will open all doors. if i try to lock, only works drivers door, all others stay open.

if i go to boot, it will lock and unlock all doors

passenger door will only open its own.

i bought a key blank, got it cut, and got 2nd hand blipper offa ebay, all lights working etc, but still need to get transponder coded.

a guy plugged car into vagcom and was able to tell me pass side central locking module was faulty and this may be causing all my problems? what do you think?

also would this be preventing me from coding my remotes? neither of them will accept instuction, following any of the how to's, no horns go off, no lights flash, nothing.

please help, this is a real pain in the ass.

should i repair the cenral locking module and hope all else follows suit???

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
Try unplugging the battery for 30mins as it's been known to help clear up a few locking issues before. However the passenger side door lock will probably need replacing/repairing.

dubmonkey

Have you got infrared or radio central locking???

My toledo 1 has got infrared which is a totally different coding procedure to the radio system!

It sounds to me like your switches on the door locks have gone as the system works fine from the boot lock.

Do the doors lock when you using the door pins to lock and unlock the car from inside???

Monkey

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
Have you got infrared or radio central locking???

My toledo 1 has got infrared which is a totally different coding procedure to the radio system!

It sounds to me like your switches on the door locks have gone as the system works fine from the boot lock.

Do the doors lock when you using the door pins to lock and unlock the car from inside???

Monkey

got the central locking bit sorted.......... removed passenger central locking unit, split it up and soldered some loose contatcs then removed drivers one, binned it and put golf one iin, and now all locks working as should.

just cant get the remote bit working?

dubmonkey

Still need to know which remote system you have dude!

I assumed mine was radio but was infact infrared. Do you have sensors in the rear view mirror.

Monkey

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
Still need to know which remote system you have dude!

I assumed mine was radio but was infact infrared. Do you have sensors in the rear view mirror.

Monkey

dont think so buddy, the mirror just clips of the windscreen? its an 01 toledo

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
what programming have you tried so far ?

the one where you keep one key (the original transponder one) in the dash, switch it on, lock the outside with new key press unlock lock etc etc....

also

turn key on take out straight away, lock door with finger held on button then press other button 3 times etc etc.

also a mate whos good at vagcom for vw's tried to erase the stored blippers but wouldnt let him reset to 0, he also said wouldnt register when he had vagcom on that the blippers were sending out a signal at all.............. now hes wondering is there a different setup for this on a seat as opposed to a vw.

from talking to seat though they say that a 2001 is crossover year and frequencies are all over the place for blipper, and that other ones wont work, has to be proper seat one for that year, but everything i read on these pages tells me otherwise!:help:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members