new facelift cupra bhp??

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Hey

Was down at seat this morning for some issue I was having with my cupra and I enquired about the new facelift cupra.

While doing so we spotted it just says 240bhp for cupra and 220 for the new FR.

Is this likley to change? If not, what's the point in owning a cupra with 20bhp more than the FR at a few grand cheaper?

Surely there gunna up the new cupra standard output?

He also said there getting built mid July and if they were changing the bhp, they should of heard something by now. :-(

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
its not all about 20 bhp mate , delivers power in a different way , but i do take your point , but if you look at my sig , 240 standard qouted is way off actual figures :blink:

plus massive brakes , nicer ride , nicer seats and tunable to well over 350 bhp.
need i say more? [B)]

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
But on paper to someone new, you look at the bhp don't you. I know from owning a current cupra that most seem to be much higher than on paper. But still it's suppose to be the top in the range and a measly 20bhp over the next one down isn't awe inspiring.

Not complaining about the cupra itself, I love it and want another LOL. Just I'd like to see maybe 265bhp standard on paper for the facelift.

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
fair do. Although, is the cupra not getting the new engine? Thought the fr and cupra engine were the same barr a bigger turbo.

So if it does get the new engine and the same turbo, would the new cupra not be 250bhp on paper?

Not just a bigger turbo but re-worked aluminium cylinder head, stronger internals/cams etc than the FR [B)]

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No, it's the same 240PS TFSI powerplant it's always had.

There have been rumours of a more powerful Cupra, possibly due next year which will run with a newer TSI 265PS powerplant as scheduled to be put in the VW Scirocco R. But at the moment it's just a rumour and there hasn't been any official announcement of a hotter version.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise