So that is why they call them a FootWell !!!

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Ok thanks, probably be a weekend job i guess. Is the scuttle panel easy to remove?

Hmm might have to look into the light thing a bit more!! :D

If anyone else knows about the cap thing that'd be great.

Thanks Lee.

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
:)
Aah sneaky, didn't know if i'd get :banned: for doing that.

Ok, well this is the leak. This is the best picture i have of it. Doesn't look like a lot unfortunately, think it had stopped a while and had started to dry up, but when its fresh it does literally flood the whole mat.

cimg3329.jpg

I'll put good money on the Door ancillary carrier, Mine went to the dealers, they sealed both ancillary carriers & when it rained , it leaked again, Not as bad, but still leaked. & when i took the door panel off, I could see why :blink: The sealing of the carrier was slap dash to say the least, They just don't care about the job as much as you would doing it yourself.

When it is wet there, Undo the two torx screws in the bottom of the door panel & ease it away, See how much more water is behind there ... Then buy yourself a tube of black silicone, On a good dry day, Take the panel off & seal all around the edge of the door ancillary carrier, the re-assemble, I bet you that you have no more water troubles after that :)

Dean

Here is the Skoda version, they do exactly the same (P!$$ In) & i applied this to my Vrs & now to the Leon, Only diff, is the way you remove the panel, but to be honest, the Leons come off much easier

http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/door-carrier-repair/

Last edited:

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Sorry for the lack of update.

Was going to try checking the door and things last weekend but then the windshield cracked top to bottom and wasn't repaired until Monday.

Then i went to the cinema last night and on the way back the engine light has now come on!

Called the nearest Seat dealer and they've said it will cost £50-£100 to do the diagnosis but it would come off the bill.

I think my cars cursed. :(

BAC

Olly
Jul 3, 2009
Cheshire
my rear passenger foot well is soaking!! there is a hole in the floor where its been dinted!! looks like the jacks slipped off :( gonna have weld it up

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
even more today :( need to sort this - goign to use some microfibre cloths to soak up as much as possible and then use a moisture trap to draw in other moisture will posiibly leave the heating on high and aimed at the footwell see how this works

thinking of getting another pollen filter to try

think I may have used an Aftermarket - non OEM one last time

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.