torque curve/figure on CC 2 LCR?

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
wouldnt look into the dyno stuff too much, most of it isnt accurate with so many different figures people are getting from the same car or same powered car with same mods. Its more how the car drives, ive tryed a revo and CC is WAY Better! CC ALL THE WAY! the power difference was so different and its not smooth as in crap and slow progessive power, that makes it sound slow and less aggresive. it IS AGGRESIVE! Its better than any other map on any other cupra r ive drove.as soon as you put your foot down its a ANIMAL!!!!haha it revs all the way stong to 7k and the boost is strong all the way to the 7k. its smooth all the way and power delivery is constant through the revs, it doesnt drop off towards the end it keeps on going and going. everybody who has drove the car since changing to a CC map said its alot better now was well worth the money.

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
jwfcms is yours a custom code ph 2 map set up on a rr (custom) or is it just a generic map? I've got the cc ph2 on mine. Its got a hybrid turbo, full miltek, jbs manifold etc but i think my old 210 with revo st 1 was as quick.. bit worrying really. Or like you say it may of been a bit more aggressive but not as quick. It had the sps3 so that helped i guess.

kegger

Aug 4, 2008
Bedfordshire
I reckon you'd def see higher torque figures than you're thinking Brett... Mine hit 270 at AMD with only a dynatwist + CC phase 1 and mine started life as a 210. I thought phase 2 was all about torque so you must be at those sort of figures already.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I reckon you'd def see higher torque figures than you're thinking Brett... Mine hit 270 at AMD with only a dynatwist + CC phase 1 and mine started life as a 210. I thought phase 2 was all about torque so you must be at those sort of figures already.

i hope so dude,
yep phase 2 is all about the top end, but i have been told the 210 engine has better internals thats why they seem to get better results...i dunno

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
well my lcr has a phase 2 cc map but its never been on the rolers, so how can a custom map be done without going on? I think the phase 2 map is generic too. Dont get me wrong i wish it had of been on rolers but it was all done before i got it.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Dolby and Wookie appear to be correct according to the CC website:

Phase One is the best generic remap available for your vehicle. It has been designed to work on standard and lightly modified vehicles to give an impressive increase in power and drivability, taking into consideration fuel economy, smoothness and boost levels (if applicable). Diesel Phase One remaps are switchable between a true factory standard program and a chioce of up to two modified programs. Petrol Phase One remaps can be adjusted for timing, boost and fuel to name just a few parameters, using our Custom Settings Software.

Phase Two builds on the success of the Phase One remap taking into consideration all the costly modifications such as Hybrid Turbos, FMICs, downpipes, exhausts and induction kits etc. This allows us to obtain the best possible power from your engine, also allowing you the opportunity to tailor your driving experience by telling us exactly how you like your car to behave and how you wish the increased power to be delivered.

Phase Three is true next generation code for your vehicle. This option caters for the extreme enthusiast who demands nothing but perfection from their highly modified vehicle. Big Turbo upgrades, Superchargers, Cubic Capacity increases and Nitrous Oxide are just some of the modifications that can be coded for.

Phase One - Generic Remap
1.8 20vT DBW (150-225bhp): £380 plus VAT

Phase Two - Custom Remap
1.8 20vT DBW (150-225bhp): £480 plus VAT

Phase Three - The Ultimate Custom Remap
from £450 plus VAT (Price on Application)

But in saying that - how would a ph2 and ph3 really differ?

Last edited:

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
But in saying that - how would a ph2 and ph3 really differ?

I guess for phase 2 they are uping the boost and tweaking it to get the most out of what you have, taking into consideration that a tired turbo may boost slighty less than a relatively new one, and then phase 3 is for the people with to much money, ;), who can afford BT kits and then the same done again to get the most out the current setup.
Thats was my understanding anyway...... :)

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
well my lcr has a phase 2 cc map but its never been on the rolers, so how can a custom map be done without going on? I think the phase 2 map is generic too. Dont get me wrong i wish it had of been on rolers but it was all done before i got it.

I think by saying custom they could be refering to tweaking the map to use what extras you have fitted TBH.
Wish mine had been on the rollers as well but everytime I get close something else breaks.....:D

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
That annoys me then that it was never put on the rolers. The guy spent a fortune on it too. I may give the place a ring and find out what really went on. Its got a hybrid turbo etc so it should of been set up properly. It boosts to 20 then goes down to 18. Is that about rite for a hybrid? They say its 300plus bhp but ad like to see that in blk and white...

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
hybrids normally boost more than that (or at least should do). Spike of 20 and holding 18 isn't much more than a standard K04

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
but i've heard that because its a hybrid it doesn't need to boost as much?

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
I wouldn't of thought so. Its the same size turbo just modified internals. If it was a bigger turbo then I guess less boost could make more power as the air will be cooler going in to the engine but I dunno.

your map sounds like a generic stage 2 CC map for a LCR. Did they know you had a hybrid fitted? Where did the hybrid come from?

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
my k04 is basically brand new and boosts high with the cc phase 2. it can flick over to 25 psi+ when i put foot down in 4th or 5th doing low speeds or motorway. but when driving through the gears will go to around 21+ and quickly use up the boost tail off to 15 at redline aprox...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.