max psi safely on k03s

cupra drew

full leather of course
May 28, 2008
cheshire/winsford
aup lads ive got a mbc to fit to giv me a tad more boost i was just wondering what i could safely run on my k03s i have all the goodies i am currently spiking at 21psi but have read that a few lads on here are spiking 24psi my mods are in my sig

cheers for any replies:D

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Im sure somone will correct me if im wrong.....but you can only run the maximum boost your ecu is requesting any more and you go into limp mode because of overboost...so mbc pretty pointless unless your doing the n75 bypass...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Im not entirly sure to be honest id assume along the lines of taking the hoses off the n75 conecting up the mbc and just leave the n75 pluged in so the ecu still thinks its doing its job...theres proberly some info on it if you have a search id imagine its been done before...

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
if you drop a 4.7v zener diode over 2 (of the 3) wires of the MAP sensor in the boost pipework, this will clip what the ECU reads to about 17psi.

Ideal for running an MBC as you can run what boost you like without limp mode :)

Have a search for "Diode Mod"

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
if you drop a 4.7v zener diode over 2 (of the 3) wires of the MAP sensor in the boost pipework, this will clip what the ECU reads to about 17psi.

Ideal for running an MBC as you can run what boost you like without limp mode :)

Have a search for "Diode Mod"

But surely your fueling would then be out?

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
shouldn't be, as the MAF sensor will still be logging airflow.

i'm sure the map sensor is just what is used to measure boost to for the ECU to control the N75 position.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
The diode mod you have to bypass the maf to make the ecu think there is maximum airflow...

The petrol is going to be all out you will either run lean or rich both of which isnt ideal atall...

you could just play with the actuator a little bit to get a bit more power aslong as you dont go stupid with it of just get a different n75 valve...

if you "bypass" the n75 with a mbc you could control boost via that but still only safely upto the requested by the map...

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
:lol: :ban:

You DO NOT do the diode mod to the MAF

Jeez, the diode mod is for the MAP sensor, which is just a pressure sensor. :rolleyes:

Also a zener diode wouldn't make it read max all the time, it limits the voltage to what ever rating the zener is designed for (ideal in this case 4.7v), which caps the reading to approx 17psi, anything over that will just be read as 17psi by the ECU, preventing limp mode.

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
personally i wouldnt do any of this ****, if you want more boost get somebody that knows what they are doing to remap ot and get a decent turbo

but for arguments sake, i've heard of a few k03s's last very little time at all when spiking up to 25-26psi due to cranking actuators or after market actuators which have not been set up correctly

cupra drew

full leather of course
May 28, 2008
cheshire/winsford
i havnt got the cash to get a new map i just wnted to no if i cud sqeeze a few more psi out of it safely i have also got a ths mani to go on and i have heard that this may increase boost is this true if so i will put that on b4 the mbc n see what i get then

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if you are messing with zener clamps and the like without wideband monitoring you are playing russian roulette with your engine.

good luck

cupra drew

full leather of course
May 28, 2008
cheshire/winsford
all i wana do is leave my n75 plugged in electrically and replace with an mbc an just maybe sqeeze a few psi out beacause i cant get and more boost out of my revo map and think it needs a bit more i just wana no if its safe to maybe peak at 23 instead of 20-21 psi

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
all i wana do is leave my n75 plugged in electrically and replace with an mbc an just maybe sqeeze a few psi out beacause i cant get and more boost out of my revo map and think it needs a bit more i just wana no if its safe to maybe peak at 23 instead of 20-21 psi

yeh its safe to peak 23psi but they are saying the ecu is requesting 21psi, and if push it up to 23psi it will think there is over boost so it will put your car into limp modewith the mbc you could peak the same figure but maybe hold it better higher in the rev range....?

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
if you are messing with zener clamps and the like without wideband monitoring you are playing russian roulette with your engine.

good luck

csn you log the af from vag-com looks like this is a normal thing to do on vwvortex
many pepole have done it.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1484504&page=1

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1395136

and here you have a guide to do it where you using a switch so you can set i back to normal.

http://www.anthonydanna.com/vw/diodemod.htm

cupra drew

full leather of course
May 28, 2008
cheshire/winsford
yeh its safe to peak 23psi but they are saying the ecu is requesting 21psi, and if push it up to 23psi it will think there is over boost so it will put your car into limp modewith the mbc you could peak the same figure but maybe hold it better higher in the rev range....?

so ur sayin use the mbc but stil have it at 21psi and it mite hold longer

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.