D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Cheers Darren. Maz did a sterling job on it. On a slighty different note whats your map like you have on your LCR and whats the boost like?

Reason I ask was talking to Maz today about my CC map and although I'm making really good figures with it the boost just feels a bit tame and fancy somthing with a bit more punch so was thinking of an AMD map!

Mine's very strong, It peaks at about 19psi and settles at 17psi, it hit's max torque of 295lb/ft @ just under 3500rpm and it hold's on till the red line although I never feel the need to push it to the red line.
How far are you from AmD ???

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Mine's very strong, It peaks at about 19psi and settles at 17psi, it hit's max torque of 295lb/ft @ just under 3500rpm and it hold's on till the red line although I never feel the need to push it to the red line.
How far are you from AmD ???

Not to far from AMD as work in Hatfield and often round to Beckton so no probs getting there.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hi Ed,

Your most welcome and thank you very much. I am really happy with the way she turned out and even more so that you are enjoying her. It was a very enjoyable detail and like you said the pictures doesnt capture how good she came out even with the limited light we had at the end of the day.

Thank you very much for looking after me the whole day with food and drinks...BBQ was excellent! :D

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Thank you very much for looking after me the whole day with food and drinks...BBQ was excellent! :D

Your more than welcome mate! Was a good day.

Well had an interesting afternoon so far and learnt something I never knew abotu my LCR.

Went over to my sisters this AM in the rain and just before getting to her place I had to go through a large puddle which seemed fairly shallow even though went through slowly to avoid flooding the engine and make my nice clean car dirty and went through fine. Got to my sister's parked up and when it came time to go home started the car but it wouldn't go into gear!!! WTF! Would go in if engine off but not when running. Thought clutch had given up the ghost so tried all I could but to no avail.

Called the AA out and the guy turned up within 20 mins and as fate would have it had just come from another LCR in Stevenage which had the same issue. Turned out the puddle I went through uber slow had got in some how and caused the clutch to rust to the fly wheel and not move. Jump started the car in 1st gear and suddenly clutch pops back into life!!

Guess I'll avoid all puddles in future.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Your more than welcome mate! Was a good day.

Well had an interesting afternoon so far and learnt something I never knew abotu my LCR.

Went over to my sisters this AM in the rain and just before getting to her place I had to go through a large puddle which seemed fairly shallow even though went through slowly to avoid flooding the engine and make my nice clean car dirty and went through fine. Got to my sister's parked up and when it came time to go home started the car but it wouldn't go into gear!!! WTF! Would go in if engine off but not when running. Thought clutch had given up the ghost so tried all I could but to no avail.

Called the AA out and the guy turned up within 20 mins and as fate would have it had just come from another LCR in Stevenage which had the same issue. Turned out the puddle I went through uber slow had got in some how and caused the clutch to rust to the fly wheel and not move. Jump started the car in 1st gear and suddenly clutch pops back into life!!

Guess I'll avoid all puddles in future.
Strange

Until I was doing my sump I didn't realise the fly wheel and clutch are open to the elements.

Money well spend on the AA, imagine all the strange replies you'd get on here if you asked about that one, lol

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
I've just rechecked your 115 vagcom run, the boost mid revs does look a little shy but the boost at red line looks very strong. Sometimes its better to have it a little lower mid revs as it allows the turbo to deliver more strongly up the range.
But I'm sure with custom code you can manually up the boost with certain vagcom leads. You can down load the software from the CC website i think. Put a thread up on jbs section.
To be honest i think the CC is at least as good as the amd offerings so be careful you don't take the car backwards.

Well downloaded the software but don't suppose you have any experience working with the CC software do you Willy??? Looking at it it's the same as the Revo version you can get if you click on the about button!!!
Think it sounds like I don't like the CC map but I don't think it is a bad one at all just lacking the grunt I'm personally looking for. :)

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
Well downloaded the software but don't suppose you have any experience working with the CC software do you Willy??? Looking at it it's the same as the Revo version you can get if you click on the about button!!!
Think it sounds like I don't like the CC map but I don't think it is a bad one at all just lacking the grunt I'm personally looking for. :)

did you get the cc software of the website? i've just had a look and can't seem to find it?:confused:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers dude! First thing I said was I'm NOT getting rid of the leon.....LOL! The baby recaro seats are pretty cool.....;)
Not the best bud, look good but not the best safety results.

Leave it to your wife, she'll do all the hunting, all you'll have to do is the paying, lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members