vf34 remap

LUPO GTI 20VT

as the title says was wantin advice or peoples opinions or experience on who to choose its going on a bam engine 440 injectors large front mounted cooler i have changed the con rods for h section scat rods full exhaust de cat paddle clutch forge dump valve forge tip itg filter any help appreciated cheers james

Jun 1, 2007
as the title says was wantin advice or peoples opinions or experience on who to choose its going on a bam engine 440 injectors large front mounted cooler i have changed the con rods for h section scat rods full exhaust de cat paddle clutch forge dump valve forge tip itg filter any help appreciated cheers james

depends how far you want to travel

RS in leeds on your door step
Badger 5
jabbasport if they will do if

LUPO GTI 20VT

im in wakefield near leeds wanted an opinion on who would be the better people for the job its a jabba kit

Jun 1, 2007
im in wakefield near leeds wanted an opinion on who would be the better people for the job its a jabba kit

i know were your based seen you kicking about m8

ive had jabba ihi map with no probs just the ihi "s turbos are c rap

im going badger5 turbo kit now

jamiebennett81

saw it in the flesh today, lovely looking kit too. Manifold is gorgeous:D

LUPO GTI 20VT

wot is it you dont like bout the turbos mate? wot is the jabba map like is your simlar spec to mine wot results did yours make?

Jun 1, 2007
saw it in the flesh today, lovely looking kit too. Manifold is gorgeous:D

ill be seeing it soon carnt wait

wot is it you dont like bout the turbos mate? wot is the jabba map like is your simlar spec to mine wot results did yours make?

unreliable an ihi turbo will die in the end i got sick of wasting good money on them
great power when they are running mine made 334 on jabba rollers and 328 on awesome gti s

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
IHI's spool nice, but also suffer bearing failures and warped exhaust housings when used in anger and on higher boost.. 1.2bar is my personal 'ok' level, but there are a few folks who have suffered failures on this lower level also.

I have a shelf of warped exhaust IHI housings, but never personally suffered a bearing failure. (luck of the draw me thinks).

Ibiza sport man

Dec 13, 2003
Kettering
Visit site
Anybody know how much later the 8cm exhaust housing TD0518G would spool up compared with the 7 cm ? Had good results with the 7 cm, made 345 BHP and on full boost by 3700, just wondering if its worth trying the bigger housing.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
on my FP Green, the 7cm vs 8cm made it a good 500rpm slower to spool, with no more top end from it, just laggier

caney

Apr 24, 2005
i had a td05/20g(7cm) which made 375bhp then put a 8cm housing on and it made 397bhp so a 24bhp gain but a bit more laggier.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
on my FP green it was'nt no.
I cant speak for yours. P20 housing anyhow..

housings are bespoke to the turbine wheels they have been machined for. you could not strap one of my fp hot sides to a VF chra, as the turbine wheels are tiny on VF

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
on my FP green it was'nt no.
I cant speak for yours. P20 housing anyhow..

housings are bespoke to the turbine wheels they have been machined for. you could not strap one of my fp hot sides to a VF chra, as the turbine wheels are tiny on VF

No i wasn't on about me doing it...As i know it would'nt even fit lol

I was just chatting in genral is the Extra lag worth the gain to you get from it.. ?

Ibiza sport man

Dec 13, 2003
Kettering
Visit site
Finally got around to fitting a TD05 18G 7 cm turbo on to a 1.8T powered Lotus Elise

The power chart can be viewed using the link below:

http://www.dyno-plot.co.uk/dyno/dynoplot/id%3D613%26but_sea%3Dqs/Lotus-Elise-Auto-Teknix.htm

The engine spec was:

Jabba manifold
Ported big port head
1.5 bar boost
SCAT rods
Standard BAM pistons
Inconel exhaust valves
Stainless inlets

It made 345 BHP, so about 25 BHP more than an IHI with a -20 housing. Similar spool, in fact it feels a lot stronger the IHI on the road. Hits full boost by 3800 rpm.

I reckon that with an NA exhaust cam it would have made another 15 to 20 BHP more at the top end. Anybody got one lying around or know the part number ?

Bernard

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
Finally got around to fitting a TD05 18G 7 cm turbo on to a 1.8T powered Lotus Elise

The power chart can be viewed using the link below:

http://www.dyno-plot.co.uk/dyno/dynoplot/id%3D613%26but_sea%3Dqs/Lotus-Elise-Auto-Teknix.htm

The engine spec was:

Jabba manifold
Ported big port head
1.5 bar boost
SCAT rods
Standard BAM pistons
Inconel exhaust valves
Stainless inlets

It made 345 BHP, so about 25 BHP more than an IHI with a -20 housing. Similar spool, in fact it feels a lot stronger the IHI on the road. Hits full boost by 3800 rpm.

I reckon that with an NA exhaust cam it would have made another 15 to 20 BHP more at the top end. Anybody got one lying around or know the part number ?

Bernard

Any reason for only running 1.5bar seems very low for the spec.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.