car not boosting up...

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
My car aint boosting up correctly. It usually boosts to about 20psi then bks down to 18psi but now its going to 12 psi. Any ideas? Also rear arch has bubbling starting to appear, and part of the paint has chipped due to this. I've heard they have a 10yr corrosion warranty? This true?

i would check the warranty bit anyway mate, there is a common issue with the mk3 beeza and rusting under the rear window. A lot of people got theres done, there was a thread started about this and who was planning and on who actually had it done and i know that a vast majority of them hadn't had any corrosion check etc. Not disagreeing with you adam but just saying it's well worth checking as Seat were leniant in a fair few cases. Go to them, tell them the story, manager usually comes out, fills in a form, takes a couple of pics and tells you should hear something in 2/3 weeks

garry01

May 12, 2009
kent
My car aint boosting up correctly. It usually boosts to about 20psi then bks down to 18psi but now its going to 12 psi. Any ideas? Also rear arch has bubbling starting to appear, and part of the paint has chipped due to this. I've heard they have a 10yr corrosion warranty? This true?

1st thing i'd look at regarding the boost problem is that there isn't any damage to the boost pipes, or that there properley attached, if for example a boost hose clip wasn't tight enough it will drop in pressure as the boost escapes in to the atmosphere showing a loss on your boost gauge,

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Sounds like the right pressure for a LCR IF you were running a standard map, but i would agree and say its a split pipe or leak.
Just give the piping a good going over to check first

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
ok thanks guys al check all the above. It was running a healthy 20psi a day ago and now 10psi so something aint rite! Al let you know.

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
ok thanks guys al check all the above. It was running a healthy 20psi a day ago and now 10psi so something aint rite! Al let you know.

has there actually been any change in the speed of the car?

i noticed this during hot weather and at one point my hybrid actually hit 28psi in the summer, but i assumed this was to counter the hot weather and the air being less dense.
normal is around 22-23psi on the hybrid turbo

L280R

Oct 6, 2005
yeah its flay as anything, not any quicker than a standard 225. Anyway found the problem. The dump valve wasn't the correct one and its blown the arse out of it. Its basically jammed half open/closed so theres no boost. Been like this for a while so the chances are its ging to be even quicker when its got the correct dv on, thinking of the forge 007.

yeah its flay as anything, not any quicker than a standard 225. Anyway found the problem. The dump valve wasn't the correct one and its blown the arse out of it. Its basically jammed half open/closed so theres no boost. Been like this for a while so the chances are its ging to be even quicker when its got the correct dv on, thinking of the forge 007.

great opportunity to upgrade, would be rude not to ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members