hmmmm bye bye turbo???

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
on the way home from work this evening whilst doing 20mph in third in trafic, i noticed a lsight hint of blue smoke from the exhaust, as i approached the roundabout it was quite bad, i had to go round the roundabout to avoid other vehicles before i could key it off, by this point it was like batmans smoke screen and the car was running like it was on two cylinders!

as luck would have it an RAC patrol man was with me within 5 minutes and as soon a i talked him through it, he had the motor on the trailer wheels and back to my front door 15 miles away.

anyway my question is this, ive not looked at the car at all other than to know there is no oil showing on the dipstick at all! im thinking the turbo has taken a hike, but i remember a thread on here talking about oil pump problems with the 20v turbo's. I'm just trying to gauge a rough idea on costs that we could be looking at, im fairly certain the engine sounds okay no knocking at all, but i'll confirm that with a compression test and the like.

so whos been down this road then???......

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
any oil in your intake pipes from turbo charge pipe out or dripping out od exhaust? turbo seals gone if so

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
im certain the turbo seals have gone due to the amount of smoke and oil from the exhaust, just was wondering what the price on that is gonna set me back? obviously i know im screwed if the impellor has caught the houseing!

i suppose if its not to bad in there they can open the turbo up a bit and stick a larger compressor wheel and all the gubbins in? so it might not be all bad lol!!

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
anyone know what the part number is for the oil strainer?

my local Seat dealer is a knob and doesnt understand English or something!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.