mk3 ibiza 1.4

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hey, guys.
I'v just bought me 2nd beeza now! (mk3 1.4 8v)

Dunno, why i didnt choose something else, reckon its cuz i had potential for the other one, before i put it through a wall.:(

Anyway, this one has alot higher mileage than my last, rapidly approaching the 100,000 mark. Think its at 99, 907 just now. I was out driving it the other night and noticed alot more noises from the engine and especially the clutch (possibly just the cable).

Im really just wondering what the "average" mileage you guys have gotton out of your 1.4's, as im planning on just dropping another engine in it when it dies. Would still be nice to know how long iv got :confused:

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy :)

Last edited:
ive literally just yesterday dropped a new 1.4 engine in mine, it lasted to 85,000 was running fine untill i left it for 2 months when i went to canada got back and it went bang straight away,

only cot me 250 for an engine with 26k and 150 to fit,

thing is i only paid 1400 for it and they go for up to 2000 ish so i havnt really lost out

wot colour is ur new 1? any pics?

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
mines at 88k and going strong! But its very well maintained I reckon 150k is not out of the question

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
84k and I'm not worried about the life of the engine - I'm more worried about when the welding on the clutch pedal box will snap and it'll fall apart!

cuprachrissy

vag cars run and run pal, wouldnt worry at all. my friend has a cupra and it has 140k on the clock, still running a dream and never misses a beat.

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
vag cars run and run pal, wouldnt worry at all. my friend has a cupra and it has 140k on the clock, still running a dream and never misses a beat.

NIIIIIIIIIICE 140K, good going. I think il focus all my efforts on keeping it out of walls then instead of worrying about the engine.

Cheers for all the advice guys

Andy:)

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Right, hope this works, just figuring out how to get pics up. :confused:

dscf0007uyl.jpg

dscf0005b.jpg

dscf0004zdp.jpg

16" Ronal alloys just now with a 6disc cd changer housed in boot, and of course, a sly SCN sticker for that valuble extra few horse!

Andy

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
lokin nice mate, one thing though, i want them wheels!!!! future plans?

Yeh, i had plans already for the last one but that never worked out....... :cry:

Pretty much got a list and when funds allow, do it bit by bit, lowering it by about 40mm is the main thing. Then get the cupra grill for it as i find the basic one just makes it look cheap. Get some spacers on, some B pillar black vinyl an some HID lights.

Was thinking of replacing the exhaust with something that doesnt point towards the ground!!![:@] But theyr like impossible to find for the 1.4.

So yeh, thats the plan.
Any advice or anything welcome.

Cheers,
Andy

Suchley

Essex Boy.
May 2, 2009
Essex
looking good mate, mines breeza sports running at 95 k few minor glitchs with gearbox other than that is wicked!!

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
my old 1.4 had 134k on the clock, it did a rolling road and got 69.6bhp (look in sig).

was a good old car and served me well! good engines, only thing they lack is performance

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Im on 51K and mines a Y reg ;):happy:

theyr like impossible to find for the 1.4.

I'd go to powerflow mate, custom made and with a garentee.
I know people slate them for the cupras which is understandable, but you're not going to get much performance gain on an otherwise standard 1400 from a new exhaust so its just for looks and sound really :)

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Im on 51K and mines a Y reg ;):happy:

I'd go to powerflow mate, custom made and with a garentee.
I know people slate them for the cupras which is understandable, but you're not going to get much performance gain on an otherwise standard 1400 from a new exhaust so its just for looks and sound really :)

Aye, a bit of sounds always good, but im just really after sumit which doesnt point twards the ground. Was thinking of just cutting it to be straight and then welding a custom tip onto the end, might save some moneys that way. :D

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
mine is approachnig 86k, air filter/oil filter/cambelt/waterpump done at 75k, just fitted new rear shoes at 85k, front sidelight, rear brake light.

Bought it for £2000 in 2006 with 42k miles on it.

Problems I've had, engine coolant temperature sensor went tits up, replaced for £26, driver door handle cable release snapped £4.15, needed rear section of exhaust due to it blowing £50, then stuff like tyres, cost me £180 for four new fitted, 165/45/15's i think.

Once while waiting at traffic lights on the way home, my engine management light went mental, got home stuck it on vag-com, reported a missfire on cyc 1, I asked on here and was told to replace all sorts, how ever asked my dad whos a mechanic and he said just monitor it, could be a one off. its not happend since! in over 2 years. So saved some coin there.

Overall it has cost me very little to run, and been a good little reliable car. I'd reccomend them to anyone.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members