Cupra Grille Surround

spenner999

I'm new to the Cupra scene and I'm still finding my feet, so apologies for my ignorance.

I've just got my July 08 Leon Cupra in Emocion Red with no mods, as far as I know.

I've just got a query about the grille surround. My car's fitted with the black grille surround and I was wondering if this is the standard on the Cupra of this period or was it an option to change it from chrome.

Many thanks,
Spenner.

spenner999

I can concur Nath, the black looks great. Was just curious. I don't think it is a retro fit on my car, I'm the second owner and it originally came from Seat UK.

Presuming your Leon is the Red FR in the pic, good colour choice! I was jumping from Black to Red to Black to Red, but seen as the RX-8 I got rid of for the Cupra was black I thought I'd better have a change.

Spenner.

spenner999

To be totally honest, it's a completely different kettle of fish.

I loved the RX-8, but your're right about the fuel. I used to do a lot of short journeys and I used to average 14-16 mpg, not good! That's the main reason I deciced to get shut.

The RX-8 was a great car though, but it was a hard drive. Constant revving, can't really drop below 4000-5000 revs to get the benefits of the engine, getting paranoid about it flooding every time your turn the ignition key, drinking fuel, checking the oil every 2 tanks of fuel, etc.

I'm not knocking the RX-8, it is a "sports car" and those kind of things go with the territory.

Back to the Cupra, it's great so far. I've had a Audi TT 225 in the past and my wife's got a A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro and it feels very similar to these. The steering particularly seems the same.

The Cupra does feel quick, but in a different way to the RX-8. I need to take it out for a proper thrash though to see what it gives back, I'm not a boy racer by the way (41 years young) but I like to know what a car can give.

By the way, I'm up to 20.4mpg on the Cupra display so I'm happy!

Spenner.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
To be totally honest, it's a completely different kettle of fish.

I loved the RX-8, but your're right about the fuel. I used to do a lot of short journeys and I used to average 14-16 mpg, not good! That's the main reason I deciced to get shut.

The RX-8 was a great car though, but it was a hard drive. Constant revving, can't really drop below 4000-5000 revs to get the benefits of the engine, getting paranoid about it flooding every time your turn the ignition key, drinking fuel, checking the oil every 2 tanks of fuel, etc.

I'm not knocking the RX-8, it is a "sports car" and those kind of things go with the territory.

Back to the Cupra, it's great so far. I've had a Audi TT 225 in the past and my wife's got a A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro and it feels very similar to these. The steering particularly seems the same.

The Cupra does feel quick, but in a different way to the RX-8. I need to take it out for a proper thrash though to see what it gives back, I'm not a boy racer by the way (41 years young) but I like to know what a car can give.

By the way, I'm up to 20.4mpg on the Cupra display so I'm happy!

Spenner.

I've struggled to get over 30 mpg in mine on the motorway!

Get it re - mapped and it'll be quick then!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise