Air Con warm, and yes it's been recharged!

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
It's blowing fine and getting a little colder when switched but my car has to be like a fridge when I'm driving

Was recharged as i thought that would be the cause but alas I'm cooking :cry:

anything obvious?

PS yes Im lazy I did search but....well you know :redface:

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
does it vary when you move the temperature at all ? just wondering if the temperature flap is stuck ?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
thats there would be ya clue

the a/c is probably?? working fine as is the warm air but if the flap that conrols the two isn't nothing will change hot or cold

flap stuck or motor having a hissy fit i bet and iirc they reset on battery off 15 mins but check it out anyway first

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
820200.png

#10 control motor for temperature regulating flap red rhd

keep a note that the picture is LHD so you'll need to reverse it

used to pull off the motor (without operating it) and see if we could move the flap by hand

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
have this problem too, i have no idea what to do :(. when i put the aircon on the revs drop a bit so i know somethings engageing, not sure what else i can try. IDEAS people?

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
same here revs drop as you turn it on (compressor), will take fl@ppers advice to
someone who knows what they are doing :rolleyes:

I'm one HOT Banyana :blink:

Cyclone

My revs drop too, but the clutch doesn't engage. Just wonder what else needs to happen (ie. correct pressure in the system) for the compressor to run?

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Where is this flap located, its nice having a diagram but if i dunno where the sod im looking hehe.

or even what im looking for?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
under the centre console area at the rear - hard to explain really without a car to hand

let me look for a car on the sales pitch

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
hmm if the battery resets it then it would have done so already.

im assuming a 5yo car needs a recharge though so im gonna go have it done.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i know the ibiza throttle + heater flaps used to do a full song and dance and re-align on battery off for 15 mins or so hence the suggestion as it will save crawling about - mind you the first thing to do of course like jonesy is to make sure gas is ok and clutch working

as said above does it change temperature at all when moving hot to cold ? even with no a/c gas at all if all is ok you will get a change of temperature of some degree if the temp flap is moving

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
A lot of places will just simply recharge the system up to the same pressure. If the coolant has become contaminated though, it still will not work properly. I had to have mine vacuum filled. In short they suck all the gas out the system to create a full vacuum before filling it back up under massive pressure. It made a hell of a difference.

MAtt

Cyclone

im assuming a 5yo car needs a recharge though so im gonna go have it done.

My 6yr old still had 30psi in the system. The air-con guy was impressed and said it had done well. Although he still didn't manage to solve my problem though! :(

I've been studying the circuit diagram and think it might be the AC/Fan control module under the battery, not 100% though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members