Problem Cars

tubz_cupra

Hi all just a quick question are Seat Leon Cupra's Mk1's problem cars lot of people say that they are always going wrong or are they good reliable car's cheers

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
lol....
as with all cars, there are som right lemons out there because they haven't been looked after.
But the majority of the Leons are fine - great, reliable cars. They are made up of VW parts after all... look at their reputation!

Alfa's on the other hand...... :)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
You obviously cant be that worried as you already own one
But seem sturdy and well made and shares lots of bits with a golf, look at there reputation

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
everything goes wrong with everything eventually. some get lucky and dont have many problems. some have all the problems possible.

to be honest you wont beat an old banger with a carb and none of this electrical crap! the more advanced things are the more things to go wrong. you will find the leon will be in the scrap yard long before some old crappy rusty thing probably. these old cars seem to last ages, compared with the new ones always breaking down due to some electrical problem/sensor somewhere. but then again its nice to have a new car... best bet is to buy a new one under warranty keep it 3 years and have another one. that way if you keep the miles dont wont have to spend a penny on it just a few services and usual wear and tear, brakes, tyres, bulbs, wipers etc. just think if anything goes wrong just send it back and the manufactuers warranty should cover most things that would go wrong with 3 years but hopefully being built well 3 years should be no problem to run fine,

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
I thought I had bought a lemon at first had dodgy door seals and a couple of sensors go wrong but £200 and 12 month later not a problem in sight touch wood.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
They have thier 'quirks' shall we say but most have been covered on the forum and many are quite easy to sort, guides and part numbers are well documented and can be found with the search function.

Very rare does someone post up about anything major, blown engine, turbo, cambelt etc... but like any other car they need looking after, quality oil, petrol, warm up and cool down periods and you should get many years out of it :)

tubz_cupra

funny you should say

the reason why i asked is my new cupra has just snaped a con rod and blown the engine but i took a warranty with the car hope it will cover me if not i will have my day in cort but i have to say i love my leon cupra what a great car

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
everything goes wrong with everything eventually. some get lucky and dont have many problems. some have all the problems possible.

to be honest you wont beat an old banger with a carb and none of this electrical crap! the more advanced things are the more things to go wrong. you will find the leon will be in the scrap yard long before some old crappy rusty thing probably. these old cars seem to last ages, compared with the new ones always breaking down due to some electrical problem/sensor somewhere.

i see your point but i think you need reminding....starting from cold, starting from wet, choke, points, flooding, cans of wd40/easy start rattleing around in the boot, not to mention the engines had it by 90k.

in 4 years+ and heavy modding ive had less go wrong than previous astras with more basic innards so i think theyve got to a stage where the gizmos pay off.

you just need to add a laptop and vagcom cable to your toolbox:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.