323mm Brake upgrade on TDI 110

Abeefeater

Hi guys just browsing flea bay trying to source parts for a 323mm uprgrade on the front as the stopping power is to be honest quite poor.

Am i correct in saying this is all i would need to complete the front.

(cant post links because im a newby grr so im going to quote the ebay listings)

1. You are bidding for a set of front Brembo calipers.

These calipers were removed from Seat Leon CUPRA R

The part Numbers are.1ML 615 105 AND 1ML 615 106.

2. LEON CUPRA R AUDI A3 S3 TT BREMBO DRILLED BRAKE DISCS

(does £250 seem a good buy for drilled brembo disks x2 ?)

Obviously i would need pads as well, but im not a brake guru so ill be getting a garage or a friend to fit them for me but i just wanted to make sure that is all i would need.

the stock calipers look pretty cramed into the wheel space so i suppose i would need larger wheels too ?

Thanks for any advice

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
You have to be very picky with wheels if you are running brembos as not that many fit.
Size wise 17" if your lucky but realistically looking for 18"
Also speak to phillc as he is currently putting these on his cupra

Abeefeater

You have to be very picky with wheels if you are running brembos as not that many fit.
Size wise 17" if your lucky but realistically looking for 18"
Also speak to phillc as he is currently putting these on his cupra

Thanks, Will i have any problems fitting 18" i would prefer 17 really as tyres will be that little bit cheaper.

How much scrubbabge / lock to lock problems would i encounter with 18s ? Do like the LCR alloy wheels which i believe to be 17 ? only trouble is then im just trying to imitate a Cupra.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Cupra R wheels are 18s but if you want a set they dont come cheap
Not too sure on scrubbing as they are standard on mine but lots of people run 18s ok
Check the badger 5 section as he started compiling a list of wheels thar fit with brembos

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
The wheels are a real problem, i dont like the LCR wheels or the price you need to pay for secondhand ones (£400-£500), so i went for the 10mm spacer option, you can get some wheels that dont need spacers but they are all over the £700 mark, i bought some R32 wheels for £300 as i already have the 18s all i need to do is swap the tyres. i bought my LCR discs for £169 (EBC).

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
i have a 110 tdi also, 18" wheels fit perfectly okay, as long as they are the correct fittment.

ET35 X 8J

225/40/18 is the correct tyre size required, to keep your rolling radius the same.

Do you have the Brembo's though?

do you not have to change the hubs and carriers to accomadate for brembos

No Not the hubs only the carriers.

seat_lion

Oct 26, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
You have to change the Hub knuckles on the 110 TDI as the caliper carriers are built into the hub knuckles I had to fit cupra Hub Knuckles when fitting my brembo GT calipers

but well worth the hassle...

DSC00209.jpg

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
no i dont have brembo's, but i'm a "high performance tyre technician" so Ive fitted a few tyres to LCR with brembos lol

:confused:The question wasn't whether 18's will fit a 110 it was if they would fit over the brembo calipers and the answer was no in most cases. I am sure you have fitted lots of tyres on LCR's, not sure how that's relevant to fitting the brembo's to the 110 though:shrug:

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Size does not matter. rim design does, I've learned the lesson.
I have brembo GTs 323 on 17" cupra r's

Got the GTs at only 800£ on fleabay brand new

Abeefeater

You have to change the Hub knuckles on the 110 TDI as the caliper carriers are built into the hub knuckles I had to fit cupra Hub Knuckles when fitting my brembo GT calipers

If i went for the 312 setup would i still need to change the hub knuckles ?

And PhillC you say you have "one" is that one pair or what ? How much are you looking for ?

Thanks for everyones inputs !

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I have a full set calipers, pads, carriers, pipes and grooved and drilled disks, the pads and disks are 14 months old.
Looking for £200 i am going to be at GTI International on sunday if you are interested.

brad1

I have a 110 and the hubs come with the carriers already welded to them, to fit bigger brakes, disks etc, you have to change the hubs to some that have removable carriers, (ive already done this, check out my thread ;) ) i.e cupra ones etc, or any that fit the leon mk1, golf mk4 with removable carriers. Hope this helps :)

Abeefeater

I have a full set calipers, pads, carriers, pipes and grooved and drilled disks, the pads and disks are 14 months old.
Looking for £200 i am going to be at GTI International on sunday if you are interested.

Wasn't planning on GTi international to be honest as car is only 110 TDI and as i havnt got any wheels etc on it she will stick out like a sore thumb for the wrong reasons :(

Im between oxford and swindon so M4 M40 are really close to me if your that way at all ?

How much wear do they have on them and whats the overall condition ?

Willing to budge any on 200 ?

Cheers Lew

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
:confused:The question wasn't whether 18's will fit a 110 it was if they would fit over the brembo calipers and the answer was no in most cases. I am sure you have fitted lots of tyres on LCR's, not sure how that's relevant to fitting the brembo's to the 110 though:shrug:

because if you read my previous thread, i state that 18" wheels fit no problem on all leons, as long as they are the correct fittment.
Thanks, Will i have any problems fitting 18" i would prefer 17 really as tyres will be that little bit cheaper.

How much scrubbabge / lock to lock problems would i encounter with 18s ? Do like the LCR alloy wheels which i believe to be 17 ? only trouble is then im just trying to imitate a Cupra.

Regarding fitting over Brembo's you will have to most likely check with the manufacturer, as there are clearence issues, as stated.

If in doubt, ask the wheel maker. If they are competent, they should know. Hope This helps, and you get the brakes sorted :)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Wasn't planning on GTi international to be honest as car is only 110 TDI and as i havnt got any wheels etc on it she will stick out like a sore thumb for the wrong reasons :(

Im between oxford and swindon so M4 M40 are really close to me if your that way at all ?

How much wear do they have on them and whats the overall condition ?

Willing to budge any on 200 ?

Cheers Lew

There is a small lip on the discs, the calipers are in A1 condition and the pads have loads left, and no £200 is it really. i can post some pics but it will be tomorrow now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members