exhaust rattle

milli

Sep 12, 2008
west midlands
when i drive the car on my own its fine, have passenger in front seat its fine, but as soon as i have anyone or anything in the back the exhaust rattles like its hitting the axle, i have a blueflame system on, is there anything i can do to stop it?

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
never had a prob with mine and its pretty low..make sure all the brackets/rubber mounts are held in place properly and the clamp is tight holding the back box at the right angle... blueflame are usual pretty good fitment mine fits as good as the original and is a better exhaust itself..

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
it will be hitting the rear beam. check the centre exhaust bracket... weld if broken.

if it still does it take it to ATS or similar, my miltek did this and they pushed it home for a tenner. original installer didnt fit tight enough

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
its alrite saying take it back to who fitted it but a number of things could of gone wrong which wasnt the mechanics fault obviously after being on the car for a period of time and being aftermarket rubber could have deteriorated, bracket broken, weld snaped which are none of the fitters fault. so should have to "sort it" might not be the case.hate how people love blaming the mechanics, being one myself. get people come back and say since you serviced my car, after i hit the gutter the wheel hasnt been right so youl have to sort it. or thinks a service will solve every problem on there car and includes free brake pads if worn or will repair fag burns in the seats.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I'd take it back to who fitted it really. If theres something up with it, and you've paid for it, they should sort it?

the original installer was over 200 miles away so my local ATS was the cheaper option. would have though if it had been feasable. the original fitter was hacked off that he hadnt done it right and wanted to put it right.

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
okay jwfcms, i was only saying. If theres been a problem since something has been done, i'd take it back (if pheasable) to see what they had to say about it..:blink:

:idea:If you read carefully, I said if theres something wrong with it, they should sort it. It could be an unrelated problem causing it, but at least it ruled out:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise