Silver LC, Gunmetal mirrors. Opinions please.

steviebhoy

Jan 13, 2008
Lanarkshire
Hi I'm currently in the process of respraying my mirrors gunmetal to match my wheels. But i'm now having doubts as to whether it's going to look good or gash. Whats other peoples opinions. I also plan to have the roof and spoiler done in the next few weeks.

Regards, Stevie.

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
Here's mine with matching wheels/mirror covers -

GoodwoodMercBenzDay4thSept2008025a.jpg

RabR

I think it would look good :)

Perhaps you should try and photoshop it first to make sure.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
might look good but then might look like you have gone to the scrappy and found a mirror cap thats the wrong colour. like when people drive about in a red fiesta with a black boot...

unless you carry some sort of theme throughout the car, gloss black might look nice. ;)

steviebhoy

Jan 13, 2008
Lanarkshire
might look good but then might look like you have gone to the scrappy and found a mirror cap thats the wrong colour. like when people drive about in a red fiesta with a black boot...

unless you carry some sort of theme throughout the car, gloss black might look nice. ;)

Think gloss black would look good but that would mean i'd need to change my wheel colour which i dont really want to do. As said i do plan on doing the roof and spoiler also.

The mirrors are all painted now just waiting till tomorrow to add some lacquer then give the car a clean and get some pics up.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london

Thats what has put me off doing mine :(

steviebhoy

Jan 13, 2008
Lanarkshire
Well all done now, think it looks good. Should look alot better when i get the car cleaned ( tommorrow hopefully). Never got the chance today as decided to change the back brakes and paint the calipers instead.

Just need to get the roof done and spoiler then some lowering and i'm more or less happy.:)

It was my first attempt at spraying myself and think i did not to bad a job, give myself a 7 out of 10.

Heres a few pics at the mo will get some better ones up when it's cleaned.:)

0Photo-00011.jpg

Photo-0002.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.