MK1 Leon Air Duct?

jamiebennett81

I am looking to take out the passenger side fog light and fit an air duct

I know people have used air ducts from places like maplins etc, but what size is a good fit for a prefacelift fog light/MK1 LC

something like this

605a_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You really want somerthing like an elbow as you need this to go back on it's self pretty quickly to get through between the radiator and the battery area.

jamiebennett81

You really want somerthing like an elbow as you need this to go back on it's self pretty quickly to get through between the radiator and the battery area.

well the cold air feed currently feeds to the bottom of the bumper, but it looks a bit untidy so I want to tuck it away, and a good flow of air would be from the fog light too, and a bit more OEM looking as well

I already have some flexi piping, so thought it would just be a case of taking out the fog light, measuring the hole, fitting the correct size ducting and fitting the flexi hose onto the back of this

ya get me?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I'm wit ya.

I'd just buy a bit the same ID as your flexi, glue it onto the back of the fog light then juiblee clip the hose onto this

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
i got a 90mm but i removed the fog lights and have a front mount cooler so i can feed it down by where the standard side mount cooler was

jamiebennett81

I'm wit ya.

I'd just buy a bit the same ID as your flexi, glue it onto the back of the fog light then juiblee clip the hose onto this

yeah

need to take out the fog light and measure it, unless anyone knows off the top of their head roughly how big it is?

how is the fog light removed, done it once but cant remember

is there just one screw in it which holds it in?

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
mate message b3lsy he orderd one for me on e bay looks spot on bends and clicks into possition was only 12 quid as well .. has two trumpets you can attatc as well

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise