Hot new SEAT Ibiza's make international debut

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
main.php

All the info here - http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1138&Itemid=1

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
those are the 3 in the video in the other thread

looks better in the pic now that's for sure though

what's the prices like ?

xJib

Looks like Seat might be on with a winner in the new 1.4 TSI. From having a look at the stats of the 180bhp and 150bhp engines there's not much to choose from, both will do a combined cycle of 44mpg and over 50mpg extra urban. Both are going to cost £125 a year to tax.

Though I'm surprised the £1k between them all as you don't get much as you upgrade through the range. Between the FR and the Cupra you get 30bhp more, different bumpers, wheels, and some quilting on the seats. And the difference is even less especially between the Cupra and the Boc. From what I can work out all you get is different colour to the headlight surround, black vinyl on the front bumper, some badges inside and outside the the car. From the photos it doesn't even look like they've changed the wheels.

Lets hope the difference is a lot grater once we get to see the UK spec list.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
The spec list should be interesting. On the UK seat site, there are plenty of options of the current Ibiza SC 1.6 Diesel and Petrol versions. Does anyone know if the accessories for the Ibiza MK5 on the main Seat.com site will be available in the UK?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Lets hope the difference is a lot greater once we get to see the UK spec list.

was thinking the same and theres a 'few' suggested can be fitting options but doesn't seem to be much differences apart from exclusive paint options (bet red's extra)

obviously as you say a lot of darker parts lights/bumper/etc but even then the panels the same

shame they swapped all the Audi TT-Esque gloss black/red coloured interior parts for plain boring grey + plastic but that's mainstream cars for ya

will have to wait a bit see what's listed

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Excellent news, I assume it's the 1.6 CR engine?

No idea to be fair, and with the release of the diesel being next year its doubtful any further detail will be known until later this year or early next. A diesel is coming that's as much as they have chosen to share at the moment.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Autocar has a first drive report of the new Boc

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Seat-Ibiza-1.4-TSI-180-Bocanegra/241234/

Looks like they're major criticism is the gearbox.

Maybe this DSG tendency can be redressed by the tuning houses. I'm sure Kev at Revo said they had to work hard on the Golf Ed30 to resolve some of these kind of tendencies.

Don't make for inspiring reading, but I'm not going to knock it until I've tried it. I think they look sweet other than the wheels. Anthracite required.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I think another concern with the 7 speed DSG is that (from what I have read) it can't handle oodles of torque so the re-mappers may well have to go easy on it. Shame if that's the case as this car looks to have so much potential.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.